The pouch

Options
Ladies my question is do any of you know a way to shrink that pouch we seem to get after the birth of our lovely children! I see my stomach is going down but I would like to flatten that annoying pouch. Crunches work the top part of the stomach but not the lower. Help!!!!

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    After my first 2, pilates seemed to really help. I ran 4-6 times a week after work, but before work I would do 20mins of pilates. On the weekends I would do 40mins(both workouts from the dvd) on sundays. I have a pouch now after the last 2, but I didn't really start working out again til August. Have been doing Insanity and it has helped a ton, but I still have a pouch. Might add in pilates again when I'm done to see if it will help. Can't wait to see others tips. Thanks for posting this!
  • andonsmama
    Options
    i hear ya, i have been loosing weight, but not in the belly where i want to!
    i did pilates in college and loved them, but it's really hard now. :(
    I had a c-section, and cruntches seem to be very difficult now..not sure if that has anything to do with it LOL
  • sweetgrasswoman
    sweetgrasswoman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat, have been working out, crunches, 30 Day Shread with weights, mind you its been only 2 weeks. My pouch is smaller/ softer but still there- If anyone has any suggetions that would be great! I just browse around the web to get more info;

http://www.livestrong.com/article/395583-exercises-to-lose-the-pregnancy-pouch/
  • cchhome
    cchhome Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred as well. There is a reverse crunch in level 1 that they say is supposed to help out in that area, but, I don't know how many of them a poor mamma would have to do to see results....here's hoping it works anyway!
  • rafqahachem
    Options
    Spanx are the only thing that help me. Seriously, pilates and the bar method are good. I had a c-section for 8lb twins so I have a looong way to go.
  • mochalishious
    mochalishious Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Reverse crunches that sounds interesting. I will look that up. Pilate's I think I will look into that too
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    my dr and nutritionist have both said you cannot spot reduce, it doesn't work that way. As you lose weight, that area will shrrink along with everything else. That's the only way.