Skylanders!

Options
Does anyone hear play Skylanders/Skylanders Giants?

Replies

• Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Is it really a good game?
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options

That's what I wanna find out. Getting the game for the Wii U and I have some figures already but I want people's opinion on it.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

That's what I wanna find out. Getting the game for the Wii U and I have some figures already but I want people's opinion on it.

lol you already bought the figures?! You're jumping the gun, Brighteyes!
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options

lol you already bought the figures?! You're jumping the gun, Brighteyes!

Well, it was the boyfriend's idea. Started off with me seeing my favorite character and bought her figure, then we sorta got into collecting them lol
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I hear it's Pokemon with a Diablo infusion. I am interested. But my kids don't seem too intersted. I wil see how it goes.

PS- Go and try the Wii U demos at any Gamestop! Holy **** is Rayman fun!
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    I hear it's Pokemon with a Diablo infusion. I am interested. But my kids don't seem too intersted. I wil see how it goes.

PS- Go and try the Wii U demos at any Gamestop! Holy **** is Rayman fun!

I did! I loved it. it was funny though, for the music level I only "died" once, and after they saw me playing it, two little boys went to try doing it, but they kept dying and you could see them getting frustrated until they threw the pad down and walked back to their moms, it was cute and hilarious :laugh:
  • Rangarth
    Rangarth Posts: 121
    Options
    Co-Workers neice plays it a lot and they have fun together. The game seems interesting but geared for the younger crowd.:laugh:
  • tr33p1g
    Options
    I've played it a lot with my 4 year old son on PS3. He's got about 30 Skylanders now, and my pockets a lot lighter as a result!! They are both good simple games with a lot of charm, but as Rangarth said definitely made for the young uns.
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    I've played it a lot with my 4 year old son on PS3. He's got about 30 Skylanders now, and my pockets a lot lighter as a result!! They are both good simple games with a lot of charm, but as Rangarth said definitely made for the young uns.

Do you have fun when you play it? And WOW, that's a lot. Does he have all of series 1?
  • tr33p1g
    Options
    Yeah I did, I even carried on playing after he went to bed so i must have enjoyed it. 100% completed it and got the Platinum trophy to prove it ;)

Just done a head count he's got 21 series 1 Skylanders, all four expansion packs and 2 Series 2 Giants.

In fairness he paid for a lot of them himself when he sold his Wii (his own choice).
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Yeah I did, I even carried on playing after he went to bed so i must have enjoyed it. 100% completed it and got the Platinum trophy to prove it ;)

Just done a head count he's got 21 series 1 Skylanders, all four expansion packs and 2 Series 2 Giants.

In fairness he paid for a lot of them himself when he sold his Wii (his own choice).

Well that's good t hear he payed for most, and if that's the case then this game sounds like fun for the whole family lol :laugh:
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Well the "Spyro" series has always been for the younger crowd. Much like how Crash Bandicoot and Mario Bros. is. I remember playing the first "Spyro" game for the playstation and falling in love with the whole world. The writing was funny and felt a bit more crude and adultish, when compared to games like Mario 64 and Crash Bandicoot. I stopped playing "Spyro" around the time when they made the crossover with Crash Bandicoot called: "Spyro Orange: Wrath of Cortex" and "Crash Purple: Blaze's something something somesthing" for the Gameboy Advance.

So if "Skylanders" is anything like the old Spyro games then I'm sure I'd love it. Since Spyro has always been one of my favorite game characters.
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Well the "Spyro" series has always been for the younger crowd. Much like how Crash Bandicoot and Mario Bros. is. I remember playing the first "Spyro" game for the playstation and falling in love with the whole world. The writing was funny and felt a bit more crude and adultish, when compared to games like Mario 64 and Crash Bandicoot. I stopped playing "Spyro" around the time when they made the crossover with Crash Bandicoot called: "Spyro Orange: Wrath of Cortex" and "Crash Purple: Blaze's something something somesthing" for the Gameboy Advance.

So if "Skylanders" is anything like the old Spyro games then I'm sure I'd love it. Since Spyro has always been one of my favorite game characters.

Apparently Skylanders is like Diablo, just watch some of the character videos on youtube. Looks cool lol