Updates!

Options
So.. thought it might be fun for everyone to give us a refresher of what you are up to..single and dating, talking to people, seeing a new girl/guy.. what is fall looking like for you in terms of dating?

My update on new guy.. well..things seem to be going pretty well. When I am around him it feels amazing..but he is insanely busy this week and in general and I feel a tiny bit of a disconnect. He likes me a lot and yet I am still a bit unsure. He does not overdo it on the calling or texting which I like.. and yet miss in a way. Basically told me he wanted me as a girlfriend (longer story), but I'm not sure exactly what that means to him. He has asked me to attend two events in December with him, one of which his parents will be at. Eeeek..no pressure!

I like him quite a bit but am missing a bit of romance right now. Perhaps the pacing is actually a good thing.
We have exchanged some very flirty texts.. and he sort of invited me to partake in that..but I said no...I had wanted things to be more special than a quickie. Then I wrote a big, long, over-analyzing email explaining all this in detail. Ooops. I seriously can't help being me. Sigh.
To his credit..he took it very well and we are fine. I think.

So that's my news!

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Not so single any more but not willing to leave the board either!

Meet the boyfriend in February. Starting dating in July (Best Friends before that, clicked quickly when we met), moved in together temporarily in October, moving in together permanently in January. Everything is going great, VERY happy. We've even talked about the future and even though neither of us want kids or to ever get married, we can see ourselves being together for a very long time. We have not made our relationship known at work (we work together) or with our parents (they both live out of state and it's not worth getting them involved this early), but everything is progressing lovely!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Pulled myself out of the dating scene. And finding myself actually happy that I did. I had to take a break from the chain of men who were no where near meant for me. I find I was getting frustrated at the "quality" of men out there and what they find acceptable to say to a woman.

I am focusing on me, and my home and just doing what I need to do for me.

I know nothing exciting.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Casually dating. Meeting guys online and offline but haven't met anybody that I want to go further than just fun or a couple of dates. I have quit the rushing thing I was doing and now seem to get turned off quickly! Still, having fun while going to school and working.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Met the boyfriend at the end of August, and have been together since. Everything is great there...he has a great daughter that I see almost every weekend with him and a son that I have only met twice. We mesh well with each others' family.

Other than that, just doing the school and work thing. The school thing (prereq. for Nursing) is really getting old, and I have a looooonnngg way to go.........
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Apparently I am just a dork. A single dork at that.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Met the boyfriend at the end of August, and have been together since. Everything is great there...he has a great daughter that I see almost every weekend with him and a son that I have only met twice. We mesh well with each others' family.

Other than that, just doing the school and work thing. The school thing (prereq. for Nursing) is really getting old, and I have a looooonnngg way to go.........

Aww .. you are like the brady bunch!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Well I've been dating Mr. NG for a while but made it offical 2 weeks ago. Working getting ready for christmas. ect ect. The one thing that is really awesome is watching Mr.NG with the kids (who dont know he is my BF yet) they really seem to like each other.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Apparently I am just a dork. A single dork at that.

Do what I did! Get a puppy love2.gif
  • Canther
    Options
    This would be my first update on here.

A little over a week ago I got out of a relatively short online relationship. It was surprisingly mutual.

I thoroughly enjoyed the single life this past week and will do it again this weekend, but I'm starting to become more active at my normal social points where I would look for dates. I haven't decided if I want something serious or just "fun" yet.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Single and not happy about it, however, I know I lack the confidence to talk to and ask girls out so I am mainly focusing on myself. Gym, work, dropping the weight, and as the weight drops, the confidence grows. I occasionally go out with buddies but it's rare. With my work schedule I always work weekends and have Monday/Tuesday off. My friends have the typical Sat/Sun off. So because schedules don't mesh, I sometimes go do stuff by myself. I'm used to it so, meh.

I just read what I typed above and it sounds super depressing. So, on a positive note, one of my good female friends, whom I inspired to lose weight, she is about 25-30 lbs from reaching her goal. I think she has lost almost 80 lbs in total. That always brings a smile to me. She isn't on MFP, but is doing some Atkins low carb thing. She also mentioned recently via text that her boyfriend doesn't like me. Her and I have talked about meeting up to do a 5K and also have plans to attend Emerald City Comic-con along with 1-2 other friends in March of 2013. She may even tag along with me on a road trip to the big one, San Diego Comic-con, if she can get tickets. Well, her boyfriend hates all that. I never even met the guy! And yes, she is attractive to me, but we are just friends. Have been for nearly 8 years. Part of me is like, eh whatever. A tiny part of me is like "Wow, am I some sorta competition to this guy?" I've never had to deal with this so I am unsure entirely how to process it.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'm single. There was a glimmer of hope that someone I'm mad about was semi interested, but that is fading fast........:ohwell:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Single, dating, and getting sick of it. :frown: I have a few prospects floating out there, but nothing really worth mentioning.
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm single, but talking to a couple of guys that I have met on a dating site. Both are very nice, but since my wheelchair lift decided to die on me I'm without my own transportation probably until after Thanksgiving. If I am going to meet a guy for the first time I want to be able to drive myself. I have been on too many first dates that were disasters that I couldn't wait to leave. I can't do that if they are driving me. Also for safety reasons I prefer to drive myself until I get to KNOW someone. Hopefully, they are still around once the truck gets fixed.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I guess I officially have a boyfriend now. It started off very slowly (first kiss on date 5! LOL!) and seems to be going well despite both of us having a lot of stress right now, mostly from work. We've pretty much been seeing each other 5 days a week for a while, and talking every day.

He has said a couple times that he doesn't believe in marriage and I'm not sure how I feel about that - for one thing, I can't tell if he's flexible on that, which he might be if it is important to his partner (based on some other things he has said). On the other hand, I'm not sure that I need to get married again. It's too early for me to worry about that anyway since we're not even past that three month mark when it seems a lot of new relationships fizzle out.

We're spending the Thanksgiving holiday together in Las Vegas, so that should be a good test of how well we click when traveling. We haven't even really spent that much time together in a car so far, so 5 hours + each way should be interesting. :tongue:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    She may even tag along with me on a road trip to the big one, San Diego Comic-con, if she can get tickets.

Oh my gosh! I already have my tickets, if you come we should totally meet! <3 I'll be cosplaying all five days this year squee.gif
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Single and not happy about it, however, I know I lack the confidence to talk to and ask girls out so I am mainly focusing on myself. Gym, work, dropping the weight, and as the weight drops, the confidence grows. I occasionally go out with buddies but it's rare. With my work schedule I always work weekends and have Monday/Tuesday off. My friends have the typical Sat/Sun off. So because schedules don't mesh, I sometimes go do stuff by myself. I'm used to it so, meh.

I just read what I typed above and it sounds super depressing. So, on a positive note, one of my good female friends, whom I inspired to lose weight, she is about 25-30 lbs from reaching her goal. I think she has lost almost 80 lbs in total. That always brings a smile to me. She isn't on MFP, but is doing some Atkins low carb thing. She also mentioned recently via text that her boyfriend doesn't like me. Her and I have talked about meeting up to do a 5K and also have plans to attend Emerald City Comic-con along with 1-2 other friends in March of 2013. She may even tag along with me on a road trip to the big one, San Diego Comic-con, if she can get tickets. Well, her boyfriend hates all that. I never even met the guy! And yes, she is attractive to me, but we are just friends. Have been for nearly 8 years. Part of me is like, eh whatever. A tiny part of me is like "Wow, am I some sorta competition to this guy?" I've never had to deal with this so I am unsure entirely how to process it.

Sounds like he's jealous! If he's not sharing these common interests with his partner then she is excited talking to you and he can't stand that. How long have they been together?
  • marvelprime
    marvelprime Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Actually, went out a couple dates with someone for a course of a month...we had conflicting schedules and she just got over a long relationship and wasn't sure about a lot of things. I told her I would take thing slow. Apparently, in the course of a month or so, I was taking things too slow. She quickly started dropping off with her quick replies to texts and didn't seem as into it as when we started. I didn't try to think anything of it at first, then it she breaks it off over text stating she's not ready for a relationship. A few days later she accidentally drops she was on a date with her full fledged boyfriend.

This happened when there was some craziness in my family life, so I wasn't really pissed off since nothing serious happened between us but I was more irate about the lie of not being ready for a relationship, then I find out that...on top of everything else that was going on it just made it even more so pronounced.

It seems so silly over something that where nothing serious occurred...

And, well, to be honest, it also reminded me of how my ex handled things....keeping things to herself until boom...

Needless to say, I'm wary of even trying again...but right now it's probably not prudent for me to start anything because of said family issues anyway.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Single and I am indifferent towards relationships. Not really looking, but if one hit me on the head, I wouldn't turn it down... unless it left a bruise. I'm pretty awkward, and awful at meeting people... so I kinda doubt that one will hit me... lol

This is kinda an intro more than update because I haven't really been here much, but I want to!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Single and I am indifferent towards relationships. Not really looking, but if one hit me on the head, I wouldn't turn it down... unless it left a bruise. I'm pretty awkward, and awful at meeting people... so I kinda doubt that one will hit me... lol

This is kinda an intro more than update because I haven't really been here much, but I want to!

Neat.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    She may even tag along with me on a road trip to the big one, San Diego Comic-con, if she can get tickets.

Oh my gosh! I already have my tickets, if you come we should totally meet! <3 I'll be cosplaying all five days this year squee.gif

yeah that'd be great! I got a 4 day pass minus preview night though o(╥﹏╥)o Stupid sell out thing ( T _ T)

STUFF..
    Well, her boyfriend hates all that. I never even met the guy! And yes, she is attractive to me, but we are just friends. Have been for nearly 8 years. Part of me is like, eh whatever. A tiny part of me is like "Wow, am I some sorta competition to this guy?" I've never had to deal with this so I am unsure entirely how to process it.

Sounds like he's jealous! If he's not sharing these common interests with his partner then she is excited talking to you and he can't stand that. How long have they been together?
    Not entirely sure but I think between 6-8 months. She mentioned in her text about needing change.