Struggling

mary659497
mary659497 Posts: 484 Member
I am down 13 pounds. It was very hard to lose those 13 pounds. About three weeks ago I have lost motivation to exercise. My body was just achy all the time. I need to get back in the groove of exercising. Food wise I have been eating way too much. Although I am logging everything that goes in my mouth (too much these days) I am afraid to get on the scale. Could really use some inspiration.

Replies

• Hey Mary! Down 13 lbs? That's awesome in itself. You should be VERY proud of that!

I don't think it's a bad thing to get on the scale. See where you stand-maybe it's not as bad as you think. Once you get that number out of the way, make realistic goals. We are human-it's okay to make mistakes, but it's also okay to admit those mistakes and learn from them.

I have found that if you try to make too many changes all at once they don't stick (THIS IS SPEAKING FOR MYSELF). When I started making goals I said that I would workout 5 times each week and only eat 1300 calories each day...that wasn't realistic at all. I was eating over 2000 calories/day and NEVER worked out. Start small. Make each day count though-make good habits!

Don't be too hard on yourself. Get back in there and do it again! You already did it once didn't you? You lost 13lbs! You CAN do this!! :happy:
  • Hey Mary first of all, you are amazing and should know that! Second of all, girl we have all been there! I can't begin to tell you the ups and downs I have had. I had no motivation whats so ever and honestly it still come in spirts! That is why this site is so great! We are all here to cheer you on and help you with your journey to weight loss!

Use this weekend as your chance to gear up for a fresh start on monday.. You got this! Hang in there and don't give up!
  • That is the only reason at all why I love Mondays-you get to start over! Even if you had a rough weekend-get back in it! Start off your week strong!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 484 Member
    Thanks everyone. Working on my attitude as I type this.