Snack Attack

One thing I have struggled with is snacking. I have a desk job so when I snack, I SNACK. I could eat an entire bag of anything that is put in front of me!!

Knowing this, I try to fill my "goodie drawer" with healthy snacks that I can eat a lot of and not feel guilty about

1. Veggies and hummus-Not a lot of calories, but lots of health benefits!

2. Almonds- I try not to eat too many of these but Almonds are still pretty good for you

3. GUM-This saves my life! I think I'm addicted to "chewing" not eating hahaha...When I chew gum (5 calories) I feel satisfied and don't have the urge to eat. It also helps to chew gum in fun flavors-chocolate chip ice cream, orange creamsicle, cinnamon or even just plain mint!

4. Berries-raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc. I love em all!

5. Popcorn-I'm not sure that this is GOOD for you...but I have "light" popcorn that I love to snack on, I can fill up on it without feeling bloated or guilty.

What are your favorite snacks?

Replies

• I love a cheese stick with some carrots and gluten free crackers! mmmm
  • Mmmm!! I like string cheese...I peel it apart and eat it in pieces! :laugh:
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    I'm puting these snacks on my list right now.
  • celshade
    celshade Posts: 131 Member
    Rinn, please don't put veggies in your drawer! :wink:

Just kidding. I keep a ton of bottled water at my desk with different no-cal flavor packets. If I'm drinking water all day, it makes me a lot less snacky.

In the snack dept, I work from home so my snacking can get INTENSE without those helpful judging eyes you'd find at an office.

I keep fruit in a bowl on my desk with a bag of pecans in the drawer.
  • Polparrot
    Polparrot Posts: 54 Member
    :sad: I love baking............had to stop as can´t resist :sad:
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    :sad: I love baking............had to stop as can´t resist :sad:

Me too and my daughter had bake sales can you believe it. I couldn't stop eating!!
  • Rice cakes, peanut butter and bananas, grapes, string cheese, and I agree gum is a life saver!! ! I too love to bake and found a great website so I can continue baking the foods I love, but the healthy way! It is called skinnytaste.com It is amazing!! I follow it on Pintrest and have made quite a few of the recipies she posts.. YUM!
  • Polparrot
    Polparrot Posts: 54 Member
    Thanks, will have a look x
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    3. GUM-This saves my life! I think I'm addicted to "chewing" not eating hahaha...When I chew gum (5 calories) I feel satisfied and don't have the urge to eat. It also helps to chew gum in fun flavors-chocolate chip ice cream, orange creamsicle, cinnamon or even just plain mint!

I want chocolate chip ice cream gum!!!!!

I used to chew gum a lot in college, helped a lot with my snacking, I think I should take it back up, now I just try and resist. I'm happy to say that I very rarely snack! I mean hardly ever. I had a snack section put into my diary because I was attrocious! Now I rarely put anything in there. But I'm tempted all the time. I constantly have the urge to snack!
  • arfester
    arfester Posts: 21 Member
    Gum is always in my desk drawer. I also keep a little baggie of cheerios in my drawer when I want something a little crunchy.
  • Thanks, will have a look x

Yes I love it!
  • That Chocolate Chip Ice Cream gum is made by EXTRA found it in line at the grocery store.

Instead of picking up a package of Reese's cups (WHICH I AM TOTALLY ADDICTED TO!!!) I grabbed gum instead.
  • Rinn, please don't put veggies in your drawer! :wink:

BAHAHAHAHA :laugh:

Gee, why not?
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    When I get the munchies, I enjoy a cheese stick with a few slices of the the deli thin lunch meat wrapped around it. Every now and then I also like to juice some fresh fruit or have a few almonds. I think I might try the gum, though.

My downfall: I can't have sweets in the house because I have no moderation skills when it comes to desserts.