20lb before Christmas Challenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• pocketmel
    Options
    How are you all aiming to lose 20 lbs? What type of workout etc? I have beenhaving trouble losing two lbs despite having stopped eating crap everyday. I thought I would have lost more weight since I started exercising (at work I am on my feet for 6 hours) as opposed to being at home for 7 years, and yet still no weight loss. My thyroid is fine according to my doctor.
    What's wrong with me?! :( Any suggestions? Is it because I do not go to the gym or that I do not do anything other than walk? I can't run because of my back and my weak ankes and feet. Would I be aiming for the impossible?
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Week 0 - Oct 29th - 283lbs
    Week 1 - Nov 3rd - 277lbs (-6 lbs) - first week back with Soulmatefood. Loving the winter menu. Now I just need my Ankle/Achilles Tendon to finish healing so I can get back exercising.
    Week 2 - Nov 10th - 280lbs (+3 lbs) - 4 days living on hotel food. Back with my beloved soulmatefood tomorrow!
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    How are you all aiming to lose 20 lbs? What type of workout etc? I have beenhaving trouble losing two lbs despite having stopped eating crap everyday. I thought I would have lost more weight since I started exercising (at work I am on my feet for 6 hours) as opposed to being at home for 7 years, and yet still no weight loss. My thyroid is fine according to my doctor.
    What's wrong with me?! :( Any suggestions? Is it because I do not go to the gym or that I do not do anything other than walk? I can't run because of my back and my weak ankes and feet. Would I be aiming for the impossible?

Hey- so we meet again! LOL

I am mostly walking with a few other workouts thrown in here and there- Zumba and Bootcamp, etc- and I plan on just trying to do my best to not eat junk. I aim to have more good days than bad and it's been working for me so far :) It's a slow, but sure process.

Today I walked about 4 miles along Chicago's lakefront and it was amazing!
  • RyanRobertJ
    RyanRobertJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As of Oct 29 - 232 pounds
    As of Nov 12 - 229 pounds (-3)

ehhh
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    As of this morning I have lost.....18bs!! That's another 3lbs off this week (WOOHOO!) So I only need another 2lbs before xmas!! :) Well chuffed!!
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Wow really good job ^

I'm down about 6 since my last post, so just 14 to go :)
  • RyanRobertJ
    Options

ehhh

I just noticed I was exactly 2 weeks late on starting, so I'm going to give myself a 2 week credit. I have lost 3 pounds every 2 weeks, so I'm gonna credit myself 3 pounds, putting my total at 6. I still don't know if I'm going to make the goal, because I seem to be losing weight a lot slower than most people, but at least I'm trying :)
  • ScubyUK
    Options
    Week 0 - Oct 29th - 283lbs
    Week 1 - Nov 3rd - 277lbs (-6 lbs) - first week back with Soulmatefood. Loving the winter menu. Now I just need my Ankle/Achilles Tendon to finish healing so I can get back exercising.
    Week 2 - Nov 10th - 280lbs (+3 lbs) - 4 days living on hotel food. Back with my beloved soulmatefood tomorrow!
    Week 3 - Nov 17th - 276lbs (-4 lbs)
  • ScubyUK
    Options

ehhh

I just noticed I was exactly 2 weeks late on starting, so I'm going to give myself a 2 week credit. I have lost 3 pounds every 2 weeks, so I'm gonna credit myself 3 pounds, putting my total at 6. I still don't know if I'm going to make the goal, because I seem to be losing weight a lot slower than most people, but at least I'm trying :)

Slow and steady is the way. Better a loss than a gain!! You're doing awesome! 20lbs is the challenge, something to aim for. If you don't make the full 20, that's not a failure. Every pound off is something to be proud of!
  • RyanRobertJ
    Options
    As of Oct 22 - 235
    As of Oct 29 - 232 pounds (-3)
    As of Nov 5 - 230.5 (-1.5)
    As of Nov 12 - 229 pounds (-1.5)
    As of Nov 19 - 226 (-3)

3 pounds this week! Puts me at 9. Maybe I can do this :) 11 to go!
  • RyanRobertJ
    Options
    where is everyone? :p

As of Oct 22 - 235
    As of Nov 19 - 226 (-3)
    As of Nov 26 - 223 (-3)

Total: 223

Total: 12 pounds. 8 more to go! I can do it!! :)
  • RyanRobertJ
    Options
    As of Oct 22 - 235
    As of Nov 19 - 226 (-3)
    As of Nov 26 - 223 (-3)
    As of Dec 3 - 222 (-1)

13 pounds! 7 to go... it's gonna be close.. i had a bad week, but at least i still lost :)