Breaking Dawn Part 2 Reviews - Add Yours Here!

Options
Y*A*W*N*:yawn:

Good Morning Everyone!!

It's the morning after and I thought it would be nice if we had a thread where we could all give our thoughts on the new movie.

***SPOILER ALERT***

If you don't want to know what happens, stop reading NOW!:smile:

My thoughts....though I'm sure I'll have more after I see it again tomorrow and can do more than swoon:

1) Totally worth it to stay up and go out to the movies alone. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!!

2) Three words: Hot Vampire Sex. :blushing:

3) My fave "movie" line is still: "It's not intended for sleeping" :tongue:

4) The scene where Jacob takes his clothes off in front of Charlie. I must say, Taylor Lautner sure looks like a man to me. I no longer feel like a perv drooling over him. Yum! But the whole thing was priceless. :laugh: And yes, I'm still Team Edward!:wink:

5) The "surprise ending". I called BS as soon as they killed Carlisle. Took me a minute, but I got it from there. I thought it was a great way to get the action needed to keep the audience involved and yet stay true to the story.

6) One of my favorite things: When the gentle Carlisle ran at the Volturi to try to "save" Alice. It really showed how much he loves his family, even a member that he didn't create. He was willing to die for his "daughter". It spoke volumes to me.

7) The one thing I thought needed improvement: The struggle for Bella not to kill Charlie at their first meeting. I thought they should have done some flashes where she focused on the pulse beating in his throat, maybe put her hand to her throat and winced, and maybe even a flash of "what if" showing her biting him. Her "super self control" means more when you see the struggle. It seemed too easy.

8) When the audience cheered: When Alice fed Jane to the wolf (Sam, I think).:bigsmile:

Okay, that's all I've got for now. I know there's much more I didn't mention, but I'm tired and I have to work and I want to be watching it again now!:sad:

Replies

• beginswithb
    Options
    I came here JUST to gush about the movie with girls that'd understand!

My fave parts:

-Her first hunt was actually good. But they really didn't say much about her supreme control and I would have liked to see more of that, ya know?

-Jacob showing Charlie. OMG. I died laughing!

-Sexy times, awwww yeah!

-The FIGHT! I won't lie, though. I'd heard all about this twist ending and when Daddy C died first, I thought it was real! I was LIVID! I don't think I breathed the ENTIRE scene! When it flashed back to Alice telling Aro that's what WILL happen, I felt like I'd run a marathon! Omg. Esme's face when Aro killed Carlisle was heart wrenching. That scene was SO well done, though. And Sam eating Jane? Priceless!

-Bella showing Edward her memories! GAH! I cried. SO SWEET.

-The ending credits. I cried then too. I thought it was sweet to show ALL cast members and when they showed excerpts from the book, I got goosebumps. <3

Things I didn't like:
    -The fake baby. CREEPY! Seriously, that was the best they could do?

-Bella's meeting Charlie. It was too easy for her.

-The Romanian vamps. The blonde one freaked my **** out.

I can't wait to go see it again!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    More thoughts:

1) Kristen Stewart looks really good throughout this entire movie, except at the end. Why pull her hair up, put her in icky grey workout type clothes, and have her all disheveled? I mean, come on....let her stay beautiful!

2) LOVED the montage of actors/actresses at the end. Though Bryce Dallas Howard as Victoria...well...ICK.

3) Christina Perri's "1000 Years" is one of my favorite songs, and to hear that and see Edward and Bella in the meadow. Well....yes...I cried.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    -The FIGHT! I won't lie, though. I'd heard all about this twist ending and when Daddy C died first, I thought it was real! I was LIVID! I don't think I breathed the ENTIRE scene! When it flashed back to Alice telling Aro that's what WILL happen, I felt like I'd run a marathon! Omg. Esme's face when Aro killed Carlisle was heart wrenching. That scene was SO well done, though. And Sam eating Jane? Priceless!

This, Yes, I totally fell for it, My jaw dropped and I sitting there mutting profanities mixed in with That wasn't in the book. Its been so long since I read it, that wasn't in the book right? WTF? OMG! They killed Jasper! What the F?! OMG! That was Seth! Holy Crap! They killed Leah! That's right Killl that B! ......... LOL ........ It was very VERY emotional LOL

And Bella dragging Jacob out for a beat down and Edward laughing! LOVE!

And her hugging him for the first time.

And Jacob's turning scene OMG! YUM!

BUT...... Renesme. Really? Ugh! She SUCKED (and not just blood LOL) The CGI face was Creepy! Once it was Mackenzie Foy it wasn't so bad. I really liked seeing her with Edward and Charlie, didn't care for her voice and I would have prefered Jacob to stay a little closer to her. The mother/daughter moments were sweet, but really? Jacob is her soulmate and he wasn't supposed to leave her side!
  • My1985Freckles
    Options
    More thoughts:

1) Kristen Stewart looks really good throughout this entire movie, except at the end. Why pull her hair up, put her in icky grey workout type clothes, and have her all disheveled? I mean, come on....let her stay beautiful!

2) LOVED the montage of actors/actresses at the end. Though Bryce Dallas Howard as Victoria...well...ICK.

3) Christina Perri's "1000 Years" is one of my favorite songs, and to hear that and see Edward and Bella in the meadow. Well....yes...I cried.

That end vision was crap! Alice can't SEE Renesme OR the wolves!

And I loved the new verse to 1000 Years!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I loved it. i am saddened that this was the end. i woke up this morning and found myself in tears that it was over. I will attribute a huge lack of sleep and PMS for that pity party. I am thankful to have enjoyed the ride, and to have met such cool people who share my love for Twilight. I was already making my plans on my way home for standing stand in line at Target for the midnight release party when BD2 comes out!!!

I plan more movie viewings very soon so that I can see the many things I am sure that I missed last night.

I enjoyed the fast pace of it all. So much to show in 2 hours.

I loved when Bella commented that Edward really did 'hold back' before. :wink: :blushing: I loved that she was so strong and was no longer the stumbling human accident. Bella has grown into a beautiful woman, and Edward, damn, how hot is he? :tongue:

Aro's laugh....I had seen an interview with Michael Sheen and he talked about the laugh.... He described it as when you have lived for so many years, and seen everything, how would you react to something so impossible yet so very real like Renesme..... That laugh.......:laugh:

The smack down Bella put on jake for Imprinting on her daughter. Too funny.

I love any time that Edward laughs and smiles. That makes me so happy to see.

The imagined battle. I felt that this had to be in someone's dream, no way that all these wonderful characters could die. This quiet subdued gal heard herself let out a scream for Carlisle and Jasper. I am a closet Jasper fan, and that part killed me.

I need to download the soundtrack so that I can enjoy the emotions that go with the music.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options

The smack down Bella put on jake for Imprinting on her daughter. Too funny.

I love any time that Edward laughs and smiles. That makes me so happy to see.

That was an awesome scene. I loved Edward's reaction to it!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Last year our theatre had the breaking dawn cups at the concession stand. this year they didn't have them. I checked on line and some theaters (none here) had Coven themed cups. I hope some of you were able to get one!!!! How awesome they looked!
  • Casfarren
    Casfarren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I as well was in quite a state the minute Carlisle's head flew off....the friend that I went will actually got scared because I reacted so violently! Then remembered that Stephanie Meyer was one of the movie's producers and knew that something had to be up because there was no way she would let all that happen. Then I just sat back and enjoyed the emotional ride of Jasper, Seth, and Leah dying then getting to watch them kill Alec, Jane, and all the Volturi evilness!!!!! Rather satisfying!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Last year our theatre had the breaking dawn cups at the concession stand. this year they didn't have them. I checked on line and some theaters (none here) had Coven themed cups. I hope some of you were able to get one!!!! How awesome they looked!

Cinemark has them
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    More thoughts:

This was actually my favorite look for her. It looked more like Bella than the dressy clothes that she'd had on the rest of the movie. Plus it looked like something KStew would wear anyways so it worked even more so imo.
  • VeganVamp
    Options
    Ahhh wow I LOVED it! I saw it on midnight and then the next night again lol... Never ever done that before. Didn't even eat my cinema snacks, I was so engrossed!!

Scenes I loved:

Bella meeting Renesmee for the first time and her communicating with her - really tugged at my heart strings

Bella throwing Jacob out for imprinting on 'Nessy' lol

Jacob telling Charlie. Had the whole cinema shrieking with delight! Loving it, lovinggggg!!

Bella and Edward taking Renesmee to meet their extended family and their faces when she spoke with them <3

I must admit Michael Sheen's Aro just doesn't do it for me, he just seems to come across as camp rather than sinister and I just just want to laugh at him!

The twist really had me going. Having read the books and heard about the alternative ending I was really worried. Funnily enough I think I was in shock when I was Carlisle's head as it was little Seth's death that really upset me, and then Leah falling into that cavern :(

Loved Alice's premonition, seeing Jacob and Renesmee together - his happy ending...

I'm seeing it next week too, and may well see it a couple more times if I can afford it... Just an amazing film and I cannot believe it's all over :(
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    I went for the second time today.i had headed to the grocery store, but one thing led to another and well.....I am glad I went!

I just love this movie. I think it is my absolute fave of them all. Found myself weepy, especially for the people in the theater who I could tell from their expressions during the fight scene that they had not seen it before. Dead silence....until we went back to Alice's vision. There was a lot of emotion for the 4 ladies who sat in front of me today and I think I fed into it even more. During the credits, it was hard to keep a hold on myself as they showed all the characters. It just made it feel so final, but very celebratory. Whoever decided to do that was a genius.

Someone brought their little boy, probably 7 if that old? The dad had to console him during the fight scene. Afterwards I realized they parked next to me and I heard the dad telling his son that there was no way they could do that to Carlisle! I have been surprised to see so many guys go to the movie!

I really took in the music this time. I have the soundtrack now and I am going to go for my walk and get my 'boost'. Hopefully I won't cry, might make it hard for me to see where I am walking!

By the way, I loved Bella's makeup for the fight scene. Rockin' eyeliner, silver and black...gives me ideas! Silly me will probably turn out looking like Jane's eyes! Practice makes perfect. Haha I guess that's what makeup remover is for!

I am going to go see the movie again tomorrow night with my friend from work and her 21 year old daughter. I can hardly wait!
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I saw part 1 and 2 (i had already seen part 1) at the theater the day the movie came out. LOVED it. There wasnt anything i hated. I screamed, cried, and laughed. I thought it matched the book pretty well. I was nervous how theyd do some things because for example Bellas power is hard to do for a movie but i think they did it well.

I plan to get all the movies on DVD :happy: (and I DID get a Twilight Cup)
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    I saw part 1 and 2 (i had already seen part 1) at the theater the day the movie came out. LOVED it. There wasnt anything i hated. I screamed, cried, and laughed. I thought it matched the book pretty well. I was nervous how theyd do some things because for example Bellas power is hard to do for a movie but i think they did it well.

I am jealous that you got the cup! Lucky girl!
  • My1985Freckles
    Options

I am jealous that you got the cup! Lucky girl!

Some bonehead behind me left their cup... So yeah, I got two ;-) LOL AND a popcorn bucket! But, I was disaapointed that the bucket had everyone BUT Renesme!?
  • jules0516
    Options
    I loved the movie! My daughter and I got to go to a special 7:30 private screening that Thursday-before the movie we got to take pics/autographs w/Daniel Cudmore!!! Awesome time!

I held back tears (yes, I can't believe it either) and my mouth fell open towards the end of the movie. Don't think I was breathing for about 15 mins.

Robert Pattinson was as hot as usual. I think they portrayed the bond between Jacob/Nessie very well.

Watched it 2xs already :)

-Julie

*Oh and we got the Irish and Romanian Coven cups..and my daughter and I both took pics w/Edward (loved the biting pic)
  • FJHutch
    Options
    Hello
    I am new and so glad there is a group to share my Twilight love with :-)

I really loved the film but I wish it had been longer. The other Cullens could have had a bit more screen time, I missed them a bit.

I had a brain haemorrhage since I last read the books so when the fight scene started I was very confused! I kept thinking I'm sure this doesn't happen and then they kept killing people. I went with one of my best friends (and the only other fan in my group of close friends), we both looked at each other in horror but it was OK in the end.

I did not like the baby and felt there was something lacking in their interactions somehow.

The ending totally got me looking back over the films. I already watched Twilight this morning and when the girls have gone to bed I am going for Eclipse I think. I have to be in the right mood for New Moon, it's so sad.
    My BD part 1 movie companion and the Entertainment Weekly Twilight special came today (thank you Amazon) so I have enough to feed my addiction for now :-)