Introduction: Hello

Options
scarlet331
scarlet331 Posts: 42 Member
Hi, I am a married 33 yr old and a cosmetology student so basically my life is all chaotic at times. I've been diagnosed with PCOS since 2006 and I went through 3 doctors who were concerned about getting me pregnant when I wanted to treat my symptoms.. I had tried everything from low carb, low sugar, high fiber and exercising yet it seems I am having a hard time to lose the weight. I do not have no children or supporting family members who understand my condition(except my husband) so I have to do this alone I've been up and down with my weight all my life and at the stage of my life right now, I am currently the heaviest I've been. Im tired of being the "fat girl" in my class and I want to control my PCOS symptoms so I can conceive my 1st child. I've been on and off here throughout the summer and I had some encouragement but I went away and now I realize I need the extra support to kick this condition where it belongs. I hope to talk to you soon.

Replies

• julial84
    julial84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    good luck girl! it's hard to do this without support so I hope the mfp comunity can be helpful for you. I also have PCOS but am not currently ready to start a family so Im not sure how it will be when I try. I too have struggled with losing weight but I recently started a new diet that I have already seen results with...basically, I dont eat breads/pastas, grains, booze, added sugars/artifical sweetners or dairy...I know it sounds crazy but it actually hasnt been bad and I have lost 4 lbs in less than a week so far. Anyway, keep your head up and good luck!