Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Which hybrid are you doing and when did you start?

Hi all! I thought I'd start the conversation in this little group! I think it would be nice to know which hybrid you are all doing (or have finished or are about to start), how long it is, how it's going, and whatever else you might want to share! :)

My info:

I'm doing Jenelle Summer's 12-week hybrid and started on October 15th (I think my projected "finish" date is January 6, assuming I push through the holidays successfully).

So that means I'm at the end of Week 5 and going strong! I think I've gotten the TF moves down and am now concentrating on form and pushing myself, while still having enough energy to last through those long, intense ones (Fire 45 EZ, I'm looking at you!).

Before this hybrid, I did a round of CLX by itself, and loved it and didn't want to lose the strength and muscles I'd worked so hard on, so I thought adding TF would be a fun challenge. So far so good!

So hi everyone, please feel free to add me if we're not already friends! I love seeing how everyone is doing and giving (and getting!) support every day!

Catherine

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I am doing the 20 week hybrid in the back of the Turbofire book. I'm going into Week 9 on Monday. It's going great for me :)
    I'm really happy with it so far. Weeks 9-13 are HIIT/Cardio, so i'm looking forward to shedding more weight : )
  • I need clearance from my Dr. (stress fracture, app next week, fingers crossed!) but I plan on starting a new round of TF/CE the week after that. Right now the plan is to keep it going for 6 weeks, evaluate how I'm feeling, where I am measuring at in inches, and either stop and start another round of Insanity, or do the hybrid for another 3-4 weeks.

TurboFire has been the most challenging for me out of all of the programs I have.

I LOVE mixing the Beachbody programs! For me, it's a fool-proof system, and I haven't been to a normal, regular gym in a very long time.
  • MelissaOnPurpose
    MelissaOnPurpose Posts: 111 Member
    Hey! Thanks for doing this! I am actually doing the hybrid in the SuperGym. I am finishing up week 7 but only worked out once this week. UGH! Anyway, I am getting there. I feel good! My hubby is seeing a difference so that's exciting! How are y'all feeling???
  • nerdlyness
    nerdlyness Posts: 28 Member
    Morning everyone!

I'm also doing Janelle's version and I just finished week two. I originally started out with just CLX combined with running, but after 1 week I wanted more cardio. That's when I started looking for things I could do with CLX and stumbled across her hybrid on a random fitness blog. Luckily TF was on sale that week, so I was able to afford it! I think I might tackle the 20 week hybrid when I'm finished with this version!

My goal (fitness wise) is to be able to do P90X and then Insanity (my husband is currently doing this right now). I need a ton more strength and a lot more weight to drop off before either of those programs are doable for me. Chalene is helping me with that :^D

Love new friends with similar interests, so add me if you like!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member

My goal (fitness wise) is to be able to do P90X and then Insanity (my husband is currently doing this right now). I need a ton more strength and a lot more weight to drop off before either of those programs are doable for me. Chalene is helping me with that :^D

I'm currently doing the 20 week (on week 9) and my goal is also to use these 2 programs to work myself up to doing p90x in March upon completion :)

So far I've become a LOT stronger so I know I'll be right where I need to be in another 3 months.
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    I'm currently doing Jenelle's hybrid (only 12 weeks) and I can't be happier with the results so far. I haven't weigh myself but I can tell I'm getting smaller and leaner. Initially I felt exhausted but now I feel my stamina has improved tremendously and since this is my second round of CLX I'm lifting heavier weights which makes feel stronger every day. Feel free to add me if you want.

Once I complete the hybrid (last week of december) I will do Lean for Life and then Tapout XT. That should keep me busy till Spring. Any workouts you recommend??