Season 3 - Episode 6 "Hounded" (11/18/12)

Options
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 11/18/12 episode

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-306-the-walking-dead-hounded

YouTube Episode Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktKvMT7VRM0

Replies

• Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I am soo happy tonite....Carol! Michonne! Just glad no one I like was killed, lol
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I swear that baby had blue eyes..can anyone confirm? Or is it wishful thinking. And yes I too am glad something good finally happened!
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great episode. It really moved several plot lines along nicely. I didn't see the Glenn and Maggie-napping coming.
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am glad Rick came back to reality! Sometimes a person needs a 'wake up' call come back. Also, Carol & Michonne made the show. Glad Carol is alive & Michonne is at the prison. Just don't like Merle right now....can't wait for next week episode.
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yes Yes Yes when Daryl found Carol that song from The movie Officer and a gentleman Lord lift us up where we belong should of been playing right there love that part. Well if they want to survive on the run just use Zombie juice It won't keep you clean but bite marks will be a dream lol.Has not Andrea thought about STD. Slept with shane who slept with lori now the governor who slept with lord knows who eww.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    definitely a fun episode...was really hoping they'd kill off michonne.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I knew Carol wasn't dead - glad she's still around as I think she has potential to be a much stronger character. Poor Glen - that guy never gets a break. I love that Michonne can freely move with the walkers - that was a pretty gross scene when she was covered in walker guts. YUCK. Merle is up to his old tricks again and I see he's as mean as he always was. It will be interesing to see what happens when he figures out Michonne is with the other group.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options

WHAT!?!? Dumbest comment ever!
    Thought this episode, while all over the place, was really good. Set up lots for us to look forward to. I totally knew Andrea was gonna give it up to the Gov.
    Super excited about Michonne being at the prison, she's much needed there!!
  • jessababy22
    Options
    LOVED this episode!!!! I felt it set up a lot of good storylines for the weeks to come! So excited to see what's next!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Only Andrea would find the one guy more psychotic than Shane and have her lady parts tingle for him. Twit.

I don't like her, and I won't be upset at all if she dies before the end of the season. I'm finding myself increasingly sick of her half assed I've-seen-it-all-and-think-I'm-bad-*kitten*-even-though-I've-shot-one-of-my-own-and-couldn't-fight-my-way-out-of-a-paper-bag-by-myself smirky face that makes me want to throat punch her.

But I could just be in a mood too. I dunno.

I was loving Michonne's "biter-gram" though. Being a brain teaser/puzzle fiend, I would have been like, "Oh! Oh! I got it! Do another one...lemme see if I guess another one!"
  • BondBomb
    Options
    I just re-watched the episode. I don't know if this was planned or what but the baby in the episode definitely has blue eyes. Which means Rich has to be the father.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    LOVED Michonne in this episode-- I just think she adds so much to the character list. Like they were talking about on Talking Dead, she isn't impulsive like a lot of the other characters. She waits, watches, and weighs her options. She seems intelligent, if not a little unbalanced, but I'm excited to see how she interacts with the prison folk.

As for Andrea... UGH. Her face.

Great plot building episode. Bravo, creators, bravo!
  • joelabro
    Options
    I just re-watched the episode. I don't know if this was planned or what but the baby in the episode definitely has blue eyes. Which means Rich has to be the father.

Maybe it's an old wife's tale, but I had always heard that alot of white babies are born with blue eyes, but they eventually darken.
  • joelabro
    Options
    Only Andrea would find the one guy more psychotic than Shane and have her lady parts tingle for him. Twit.

I don't like her, and I won't be upset at all if she dies before the end of the season. I'm finding myself increasingly sick of her half assed I've-seen-it-all-and-think-I'm-bad-*kitten*-even-though-I've-shot-one-of-my-own-and-couldn't-fight-my-way-out-of-a-paper-bag-by-myself smirky face that makes me want to throat punch her.

But I could just be in a mood too. I dunno.

I was loving Michonne's "biter-gram" though. Being a brain teaser/puzzle fiend, I would have been like, "Oh! Oh! I got it! Do another one...lemme see if I guess another one!"

Couldn't fight her way out of a paper bag? Did you catch the season finale last year? She went back for Carol, got cut off from the rest of the group, and was the only survivor to make it out of the camp ON FOOT (the rest of thos weenies got to drive away).

I am disappointed in her character this year. her story line is a little tedious so far. I still have hope for her. I thought her character development last season was one of the strongest.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Blue eyes are recessive. Two blue eyed parents can only kids with light colored eyes, but two brown-eyed parents can have kids with light eyes. My parents both had brown eyes, and two of my brother have blue or green eyes.

I feel bad for Andrea. It's like she's always swimming against the current. She has to shoot her sister, then wants to die herself, gets manipulated into staying alive by Dale, then has to watch Dale die, becomes a good fighters, gets cut off from the rest... Since she doesn't know what we know (and Michonne suspects) of the Governor, I don't know if I can blame her for saying, "Hey... this is safe. There's food, clean clothes, a real bed, a good looking guy flirting with me... This seems pretty sweet."
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

WHAT!?!? Dumbest comment ever!
    Thought this episode, while all over the place, was really good. Set up lots for us to look forward to. I totally knew Andrea was gonna give it up to the Gov.
    Super excited about Michonne being at the prison, she's much needed there!!

the character is horrible. a sword? that is so played out. and the actress who plays her was a bad choice.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Blue eyes are recessive. Two blue eyed parents can only kids with light colored eyes, but two brown-eyed parents can have kids with light eyes. My parents both had brown eyes, and two of my brother have blue or green eyes.

I feel bad for Andrea. It's like she's always swimming against the current. She has to shoot her sister, then wants to die herself, gets manipulated into staying alive by Dale, then has to watch Dale die, becomes a good fighters, gets cut off from the rest... Since she doesn't know what we know (and Michonne suspects) of the Governor, I don't know if I can blame her for saying, "Hey... this is safe. There's food, clean clothes, a real bed, a good looking guy flirting with me... This seems pretty sweet."

how could anyone blame her? thats a pretty sweet set up she's got now.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I think we're past the point of losing many more main characters from this point on. The phone call threw me for a loop at first. I was surprised to hear a guy call back. What I wondered was why it didn't occur to Rick to follow the cord and check to see if it was actually plugged in.

Again Daryl is winning major points being such a good guy. I'm interested to see how he will evolve when Merle is back in the picture. I think he had a feeling that Carol was behind that door. I think he was convinced that she would be a walker and psyching himself up to kill her when he opened the door. I'm assuming if she hasn't turned yet that she's just beat up and exhausted and will survive.

I have to agree with LorinaLynn...I can't fault Andrea for ignoring the signs of the Governor being a dirtbag. It would be a relief to be somewhere that had food, shelter, showers and not have to worry about walkers. What I want to know if how were her legs so SMOOTH?!?! Apparently shaving was still a priority after the world came crashing down.

The Maggie/Glenn kidnapping was a total surprise! I wish Michonne would have stepped in and taken Merle's head off but then the show wouldn't have so many interesting plot lines to follow. I think the last scene with Michonne standing at the fence along side the walkers is one of my favorites of the season.
  • BondBomb
    Options

But that would mean both Shane and Lori would have have to have the recessive gene Bb and then there is only a one in 4 chance the kid would have blue eyes. Obviously Lori carried the recessive gene because Carl has blue eyes. But again, maybe wishful thinking, its more likely that Rick is the dad.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    but then who would we look to for all our scowling needs?

what exactky are the signs that the governor is a dirtbag? all she had to go by were michonne's bad feelings and nothing else. merle is being a kinder gentler merle with her, so he's not really giving any indication he's working for a psycho. and the only thing andrea has to go on (the fights) she admitted that she liked but at first was ashamed to admit it to herself.