Newly vegan

Options
I went to a vegan thanksgiving potluck today and was so inspired. I am going to try veganism and would love some friends! My name is Brittany. I'm 207.2lbs and just started using weight watchers. I'm trying to learn to be more healthy and conscious of what I eat. I want to take care of myself!

Replies

• katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm pretty new at being a vegan, too, but so far, I'm loving it! I really don't miss the foods I'm not eating. Most vegan meals I've tried are very tasty and filling. I should have done this years ago!
  • sjhaar
    sjhaar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I have been a vegan for over two years now, so if you have any questions feel free to ask!
  • speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Add me too if you like. I am vegan for about three years and am somewhat food obsessed! I too dont miss the food that I am not eating although occasionally I miss desert when eating out but I am sure I dont really need cake....ever.
  • KarCrib
    KarCrib Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well. My main resources for inspiring recipes have been Forks over Knives and The Lean By Kathy Freston.

I would love to have some more vegan friends.
  • craftybirdy
    Options
    Sending you a friend request - I'm a new vegan too. Love it so far. I realized whenever I find my self craving some animal product I used to enjoy, it's not because I miss the taste, but just because it was such a habit. I've also discovered the reason for me personally not to eat animal products is so much stronger than my desire to eat them.
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    long time vegetarian turned vegan about 5 weeks ago. always glad to have more veggie friends :)
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for three years. I've lost weight and significantly dropped my cholesterol since my diet change. I love to cook and rely very little on processed foods in my diet. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new as well - i was 6 mos vegan before but stopped - started up again 3 mos ago! i really don't ever want to go back. stopping was the worst decision ever! :p feel free to add me!!!