Looking for mommy friends =)

Options
Hi ladies! I just joined and I'm hoping to make some mommy friends with babies that are also trying to lose weight.:smile:

A little about me- I am 31 and have been married to my hubby for 9 years. We have 3 girls, ages 8, 3 and almost 3 months and they keep us busy! Lol Before having kids I weighed right around 120lbs and now I weigh 176. Losing weight was really easy for me up until I had my second daughter and now it almost seems impossible which is so frustrating! :explode: I know one of these days I will get there! :bigsmile:

Anyway, like I said I'm hoping to make some friends and we can help keep each other on track. So if you are looking for a friend feel free so add me. :smile:

Forgot to mention I am a nursing mama and that seems to make losing weight even harder for me. Anybody else?

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I just found this group! I'm 4 weeks postpartum and trying to lose the 40lbs I gained. Also a breastfeeding mama, I think it really helps!

I'm looking for mommy friends, too :)

I added you!
  • Holly_Marie81
    Holly_Marie81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah, most people say breastfeeding helps them lose weight but that just doesn't seem to be the case for me. Boo:grumble:
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    5 weeks postpartum as of tomorrow. I'd say what really slows down weight loss for me is the inconsistency of feed times and lengths as well as eating more calories for milk production. Hoping we get some predictability as the weeks wear on. I can barely leave the house!
  • bootifulisa
    Options
    For me it felt like with my oldest, I lost all my baby weight from BF. With my 2nd now, (she's 14 monthns) I lost some of the baby weight, but hit a plateau. Hopefully counting my calories will help.
  • summer21forever
    summer21forever Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for mommy friends as well. I have an 11 week old son who I love more than anything. My husband and I have been waiting for my son to come along for 4 years and the day after I graduate college I found out that I had a little bun in my oven. It was one of the happiest days of my life. I don't know anyone with a baby and am looking for mommy support to get rid of my mommy belly.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi im looking for mommy friends .

Im 29 gained 68lbs with my pregnacy i have lost 40 of it most within the first month and half. im pumping so im guessing that has something to do with the being stuck.

add me
  • Chriscadia
    Chriscadia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for some mommy friends. I'm 9 days PP, gained 45lbs during pregnancy lost just 12lbs from labor and need to lose 50lbs to reach my goal weight. I'm breastfeeding, hoping it will help me lose weight as it did with my DS. Glad to have found this group because I need all the support I can get. Losing weight after a baby can be stressful you just want to see those numbers go down quick!
  • mcglothinm
    mcglothinm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been looking for some mommy friends too. I've been on mfp for a long time, but stopped when I got pregnant with my youngest...she's six months now. I've already lost all of my pregnancy weight, but I've always been heavy so I'm trying to get healthier for both my kids (and hopefully avoid the diabetes that runs in my family!). I'm also a breast feeding mom, and I too find it difficult to lose weight while I am nursing. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow mums!! :flowerforyou:

My youngest boy is now 13 months, but I'm still struggling to get back to a healthy weight. He's still breastfeeding, which helps a little bit I suppose!!
    The other three are 2 (girl), 4 (boy) and 8 (girl).

Always nice to have fellow mums as friends so feel free to add me as your friend :smile:
  • jenbeck81
    jenbeck81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think that by our 3rd kid, we need more than breast feeding. It did nothing for me either. :(
    My youngest is 1 1/2 and I'm just now able to get back into working out. It's a process! I never battled weight issues until I hit 30.
    Any new friends and motivators are welcome!
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have lost 40lbs of the 68 i put. Son is 4.5 months now i wish to have lost it by now. Im still pumping i was hoping to have that help guess not :(
  • Chriscadia
    Chriscadia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Some lose all their baby weight by breastfeeding or pumping, some don't. It's mostly because you burn calories producing the milk and if you stick to your regular diet, most likely you'd burn those extra pounds.
    I did lose most of my baby weight the first time around by just breastfeeding and doing little exercise not really looking at what I ate but that took me almost a year to do!
    This time I want to lose more weight quicker. So that's why I'm pumping it up with watching calories and starting to exercise before my 6 week checkup.
  • LunarGypsy
    LunarGypsy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Looking for mommy friends here as well! Would love to have weight loss buddies who understand what it's like to do this while taking care of a baby! (and in my case, also breastfeeding) Feel free to add me!
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lacey and I just joined the site :). I lost 60 lbs last year and a month after my goal i got pregnant and gained 80 lbs :-/. I'm hoping itll be easier to lose weight when I know others are trying too :) And im a new mom so i have no idea what I'm doing! lol
  • ChelseaHamman
    ChelseaHamman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mommy of 4 with the youngest being nearly 1 month old. Happy to give and receive MFP support to other mamas out there. I had *finally* (after 6 years with the help of mfp in 2011) lost the baby weight from baby #3 when surprise baby#4 came. Thinking its going to have more/different challenges this time (anyone BF while on an elliptical?!---jk!) Feel free to add me....
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am 5 1/2 weeks PP. I am also a breastfeeding mama. I find it difficult some days to stay around my calories, but if I am really hungry, I will eat.. I just stay honest about it when tracking.

Feel free to add me :) Any of you.