Season 3 - Episode 6 "Hounded" (11/18/12)

Options
2»

Replies

• joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    definitely a fun episode...was really hoping they'd kill off michonne.

WHAT!?!? Dumbest comment ever!
    Thought this episode, while all over the place, was really good. Set up lots for us to look forward to. I totally knew Andrea was gonna give it up to the Gov.
    Super excited about Michonne being at the prison, she's much needed there!!

the character is horrible. a sword? that is so played out. and the actress who plays her was a bad choice.

It's easy to forget sometimes that this show is based off of a comic book. You just gotta have fun with it.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I just re-watched the episode. I don't know if this was planned or what but the baby in the episode definitely has blue eyes. Which means Rich has to be the father.

Blue eyes are recessive. Two blue eyed parents can only kids with light colored eyes, but two brown-eyed parents can have kids with light eyes. My parents both had brown eyes, and two of my brother have blue or green eyes.

Agreed, plus, as someone else said, a lot of babies (not just white babies) are born with blue eyes. My son was four months old when his eyes started changing from blue to green to brown. So yes, Lori's baby's eyes may not stay blue.

Regardless, it is definitely possible for two parents with brown eyes to have children with blue eyes. It is all about genetics (dominant/recessive genes), and you can carry a "blue-eyed" recessive gene to pass on to your kids but still have brown eyes.

My husband's parents both have brown eyes, but he and one of his brothers both have hazel eyes.

An interesting tool to play with: http://genetics.thetech.org/online-exhibits/what-color-eyes-will-your-children-have

Edited for grammatical error
  • RBXChas
    Options

Thought this episode, while all over the place, was really good. Set up lots for us to look forward to. I totally knew Andrea was gonna give it up to the Gov.

I was starting to get really annoyed with Michonne and hoped she'd get killed off, and then I hoped she'd step in to help Glenn and Maggie. I didn't get why Glenn didn't explain to Merle about needing to get the baby formula back to their camp, but then again Merle is kind of a jerk, so that would have probably been giving up too much information about their group.

I ended up really pleased to see Michonne be awesome and bring the formula to the prison. I am interested to see how quickly they accept her (assuming she wants to hang with them) and how soon the two groups meet. I can't wait to see Rick overthrow the Governor.

Also, I was convinced that the phone calls were coming from the Governor's town, and that's how they'd end up finding out about each other. I am glad to see the way the plot is turning so that it's Michonne who will bring them together.

As someone else said, too, I'm curious to see how Daryl acts once he is around Merle again.

What do you think about Daryl and Carol? Do they kind of have a great friendship/love, or would you like to see them hook up?

What do you make of Michonne's discovery that having zombie guts on you makes you nose-deaf to the zombies? I know Rick's group already figured that out in Season One, and they didn't take it much further than that. Will this become a new strategy, especially when they'll have a screaming infant?
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options

What do you think about Daryl and Carol? Do they kind of have a great friendship/love, or would you like to see them hook up?

Okay, the thought of them hooking up really kind of freaks me out. Like, they obviously have a great connection, and they both hold protectorate roles for each other that they hadn't really had prior to the zombies (Daryl being a strong, dependable guy for Carol and Carol being a sort of mother figure for Daryl). In saying this, it just seems... wrong that they'd get together. Like there's too much of a weird parent-child dynamic between them. Great friendship? YES. Hook up? Errgh.

I guess it is the end of the world though, so choices are slim, and peoples gots urges. I will just walk away if this urge happens to present itself.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Okay, the thought of them hooking up really kind of freaks me out. Like, they obviously have a great connection, and they both hold protectorate roles for each other that they hadn't really had prior to the zombies (Daryl being a strong, dependable guy for Carol and Carol being a sort of mother figure for Daryl). In saying this, it just seems... wrong that they'd get together. Like there's too much of a weird parent-child dynamic between them. Great friendship? YES. Hook up? Errgh.

I guess it is the end of the world though, so choices are slim, and peoples gots urges. I will just walk away if this urge happens to present itself.

I agree! I don't like the idea of them hooking up either. First of all because he's way too hot for her. :laugh: But really it does seem like more of a platonic relationship. I think Carol has made it pretty clear that she wants to hook up with Daryl but he's been turning her down. Maybe the thought of almost losing her will push him over the line.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I like Carol... she's damaged and has baggage, sure, but that makes her very real. And I think she would do well with a good shagging.

But I think Daryl could do better. Except that he's kind of out of options since the only unattached women in the group are Carol and Hershel's younger daughter.

Maybe he and Michonne will end up going at it like crazed weasels.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Glad my Rick seems to have stopped losing his mind for the moment. wtf? And poor Daryl, That brother of his is sure to cause an awful lot of turmoil for him soon :(
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Maybe he and Michonne will end up going at it like crazed weasels.

Hahahahahahaha, that's a great thought :happy:

I guess I'm not the only one who sees the Daryl-Carol relationship almost as mother-son (or, as I've written it, son-mother). I think they have close bond but should not hook up.

The only time either of them ever mentioned hooking up that I can remember is one time when they were both on the guard tower, and she cracked some joke about it being romantic. I didn't think she was trying; I think she was genuinely being sarcastic.
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    I don't really know if I want Daryl/Carol to hook up, but I just totally melted when he found her. It was very tender and sweet. I like to see them together as they care for one another, but don't want them to shag.
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    Daryl should hook up with that "Olympic Hopeful" in the Governor's compound who was showing Andrea how to use the bow. She obviously needs someone who can teach her a thing or two. :laugh:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Daryl should hook up with that "Olympic Hopeful" in the Governor's compound who was showing Andrea how to use the bow. She obviously needs someone who can teach her a thing or two. :laugh:

Except she's probably already hooked up with the Governor... :sick:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

the character is horrible. a sword? that is so played out. and the actress who plays her was a bad choice.
    Michonne is one of the best characters in the whole thing.

Swords aren't played out. In a zombie apocalypse, swords beat guns every time. Swords don't need reloading, the ammunition for a sword never runs out. :tongue:
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Swords aren't played out. In a zombie apocalypse, swords beat guns every time. Swords don't need reloading, the ammunition for a sword never runs out. :tongue:

I've noticed that people that have read the comic book LOVE Michonne and people that just watch the show aren't really big fans of her character. She was so awesome in the comic book that I immediately loved her in the show.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Except that most swords in America are replica pieces of crap that would break after a few hits. They do seem to have the head stabby thing pretty well figured out in the show though.
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    One thing that bothers me is how easily the zombie skulls shatter. It makes for good, gory television, but I have to turn off the skeptical side of my brain.

On Thanksgiving, my 17 year nephew got hit in the head with a golf club. He was standing too close to his stepbrother who was hitting some balls. It left a nasty gash in his head and he needed 7 staples in his scalp and a CT scan, but if he were a Walker, his head would have exploded.

So I tried telling myself that maybe decomposition or part of the virus makes the bones more brittle, but then Rick cleaved that prisoner's head with a machete.

Comic book, Lorina. Remind yourself it's a comic book.
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Has anyone notice these episodes have meaning. Okay example when Rick had the telephone conversation with so call lori saying he was going to find a safe place for her carl and the baby.He said he thought it would be more time he was going to fix this. This is a true lesson on getting your house in order. Rick avoid talking to Lori about him and her and shane. I think while they were on the run he had time to think about the whole situation but supress his true feelings that in reality he feels betrayed by lori. The lesson i get is not to avoid problems you never know if the next day is promise especially in the zombie apocalypse.