Introductions

Options
This group doesn't seem to have a proper introduction thread. I'm not sure why, but I think we should probably change that. The point of this group, afterall, is to have discussions, so let's all get to know each other.

Where do you live? How old are you? What do you do? What brought you here and what do you trying to accomplish? Tell us about yourself!

Replies

• sparkerwallace
    sparkerwallace Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Let me begin.

I live in Raleigh near Crabtree. I'm 31. I work in the clincial trials industry doing some boring paperwork.

I was introduced to the site by my wife after she heard me complain about how I'd been eating terribly recently and was starting to be dissapointed in my weight. I've had some success with and enjoyed tracking foods on another site before, so this seemed like a good idea. So now we're both here to try to keep each other accountable, and motivate and support each other.
  • gretchengarrett
    gretchengarrett Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh, hey! I'm the previously mentioned wife!

I'm 29, and I live in Raleigh with my husband. He is pretty much the best. I like to play guitar (although I haven't done it in months), knit, design wedding stationery for my Etsy store, and cook new recipes. I'm also pretty big on going to the Blue Ridge to see $2 movies. I'm here because I swore that if I hit 170 pounds I'd accept that my half-hearted attempts to eat better weren't working and get involved in MyFitnessPal. I've only been at it a few days, but I'm feeling good!

Who else is out there?
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am 35 and live in north raleigh near Wake Forest, Rolesville & Knightdale. I am a bankruptcy rep(new position). i am trying to take off what I put back on since Jan. I was doing really well, but lost control. I am also trying to get my husband back on track.
    In our spare time(which is few b/c of 3 boys), we like to do RPG. It fun to meet up w/ friends and roll the dice and see what trouble your character just got itself into. *We're all gonna die! Roll a D6!(i prefer D20's).*
  • nmzeta
    nmzeta Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and live Raleigh between Crabtree Mall and Brier Creek. I work in Corporate Finance. I moved to the area 10 years ago from Columbus, Ohio.
  • coffeerunner
    coffeerunner Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and live in Morrisville which is basically Cary area. I'm a stay at home mom and we moved here about 3 years ago.
  • Jeanet69
    Jeanet69 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi. I'm Jeanette and I live in South East Raleigh. I've moved here 8 years ago, A empty nester (YAY!!) and I'm Health Care Analyst Great to meet everyone!!
  • parting323
    parting323 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im Phyllis and live in Northern Wake County. Im 45 and a stay at home mom. I am here for motivational support and give support cause we are all wanting the same outcome....weightloss.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    my name is leah & i live in Morrisville...I have lived in the area for almost 4 years. I'm from Michigan but my boyfriend is from this area (Sanford) so we moved here, for fun i guess. it's been a great experience here but i'm moving back to MI and taking my BF with me too, in 6 months.
    ANYWAYS! im an administrative assistant for a property management company we mostly do affordable housing/low income housing...i just basically do a bunch of paperwork all day..
    nice to meet you all! feel free to send me a friend request!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    it posted twice :mad: :angry: :explode: :mad: :explode: :huh: :sad:

:smokin: :drinker:
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tammi. I'm 29 and I live in Youngsville (just outside Wake Forest) I work at an animal hospital in Raleigh and I play soccer for CASL. Moved here 6 years ago from PA. Married 3 years and my hubby is on MFP but not active in here. I'm here to lose some weight & he is trying to bulk up a little. Is nice having someone who is eatting healthy & working out, keeps me going!
  • JWolf7911
    JWolf7911 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I'm Jessica, 27 years old and I moved to Knightdale last year with my husband. I was a high school math teacher in NJ and am looking for a job here. Since February I have lost a little over 30 pounds, loving MFP!
  • rps10
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Resse, I'm 31 years old, and I live in Raleigh. I moved here to be with my then fiance/now husband. I am a singer/songwriter who just had a baby. I'm on fitnesspal because I am trying to make myself accountable so I can lose the remaining baby weight I have from my daughter. Today is Day 2 and I'm feeling pretty great about things. Tomorrow is my first day of 6am Bootcamp so we'll see how excited I am this time tomorrow LOL
  • adamsikorski
    adamsikorski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Adam, I am new to this area. I used to live up in Connecticut, but I came down here to be with my family. I am currently a full-time student and I hope to pursue a career in Law Enforcement.
  • Go365
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm from Raleigh and I'm 24. I live close to Fuquay with my husband and 2 step daughters. I was on MFP previously, and just kind of stopped. I had a lot of success, but now I'm back to where I started. I have a metabolic disorder--my body can't use long chain fats for energy, so I need a high carb/low fat diet and I can't exercise more than and hour at a time. It seriously limits my weightloss goals though.

I'm starting a C25K program through Fleet Feet Raleigh tomorrow. I love running, so hopefully this will work out well. Let me know if you'd like to run together sometime!
  • coreygracefit
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to the group but have been on MFP for quite a while. I go back and forth with updating my food and exercise log but I have a fitbit so that makes the exercise part easier since it sync's up. Anyway, I'm 33 and live in Wake Forest, I've been married to my wonderful husband for 12 years and we do not have any kids of our own. My 10 year old nephew has been living with us for the last 5 months so I guess you could say we are "parents" now. I work for a mortgage company and am lucky enough to work out of my home. Feel free to friend me if you are in or near Wake Forest, My husband and I are fairly new to NC. we are Florida transplants :)
    I also run a fitness motivation page on Facebook, feel free to "like" that as well:
    facebook.com/fitness.motivation.for.ordinary.people
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in youngsville. Drive through wake forest every day to go to work. I'm going to send you a friend request and I'll check out your Facebook group too!
    Hello, I'm new to the group but have been on MFP for quite a while. I go back and forth with updating my food and exercise log but I have a fitbit so that makes the exercise part easier since it sync's up. Anyway, I'm 33 and live in Wake Forest, I've been married to my wonderful husband for 12 years and we do not have any kids of our own. My 10 year old nephew has been living with us for the last 5 months so I guess you could say we are "parents" now. I work for a mortgage company and am lucky enough to work out of my home. Feel free to friend me if you are in or near Wake Forest, My husband and I are fairly new to NC. we are Florida transplants :)
    I also run a fitness motivation page on Facebook, feel free to "like" that as well:
    facebook.com/fitness.motivation.for.ordinary.people
  • dandan14141
    Options
    Hey folks. I'm Dan from Morrisville.
    I've set a goal of 25 pounds, and after 6 weeks, I'm down 9. That's pretty exciting.
    Like a lot of us around the Triangle, I have a sedentary job, so exercising is my biggest challenge.
  • elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm Elisha but everyone calls me Elli. I live in Cary. I'm 20 years old and I work at the Harris Teeter in Morrisville of McCrimmon Parkway and Davis Drive. Mainly evenings though. I'm a meat cutter
  • CaniacMomOfOne
    Options
    Hey yall! I'm Victoria! I'm born and raised here in NC. Looking to meet some new people. Looking for people who enjoy going to the park and walking around as well as being active. I have a 7 month old son and I'm trying to get back in shape! :)
  • naturallyrandom
    naturallyrandom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I live near Crabtree Mall. I moved to Raleigh (from St. Louis, MO) 10 years to attend college, graduated and never left. LOL I work in HR Dept. - Training and Development. I'm recently married and I'm just getting into being active again and thought "gimme one good reason to not join this triangle group?!" :bigsmile: