Work hard all week... but that weekend drink !

Options
Hey all,
So I am 22, I do not go out that much... but when I do, I love to have a few drinks while out dancing with the girls
Problem is, I'm a beer type of girl and those calories are horrifying when I punch them in the next day...
What do you all reccomend?... I've recently started like Vodka & Pineapples but I'm more of a tequila person

(and if you are not a drinker and judge those who drink... please keep it to yourself, I'm hoping for a judgement free zone)

Replies

• jdm0804
    jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what to tell you. I'm a liquor man myself, and most shots run about 70 calories. Logging them all gets to be a problem when you hit that point where you start taking shots you don't quite remember taking...

But seriously, I've seen commercials for this new brand called "Skinny girl" that makes vodka and wine and stuff like that that claims it's low calorie. As a man, I'd feel self conscious drinking it, but it may a brand to look into. Other than that, sticking to the low calorie beers and budgeting the calories is the best advice i could give you for this.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Miller 64, if you're a beer person. 64 calories, tastes like Miller Light. Sadly legit beers are just high calorie. If I'm really watching my calories when I go out, I'll have one "real" drink that I love, then try to keep the others to Miller 64.
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Skinny Girl liquor is good, although I'm not sure if most bars would have it? I've bought it on my own but never thought to ask when I'm out. I'd stay away from fruit juices- lots of calories and sugar.
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    sleeman clear is pretty good if you can find it. low cal and low carb
  • pikaporeon
    pikaporeon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to get drunk, find a booze you like and stick to it, or just mix it with club soda - Bourbons are very good this way as they will taste sweet but not overpowering, as is rum (which of course you can also knock back with diet coke)
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have started something new. I order a vodka soda. I add in my own packet of crystal light energy. 5 calories from that! 2 points on WW and low in calories!
  • morgan_pope
    morgan_pope Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am a liquor drinker myself, so my mixed drinks (with diet) run me ~70 cal per drink. I would recommend either budgeting your drinks out in advance or try ordering water with your beer. I find the water option works well - I drink the water and nurse the drink (sorta)....its about a 2:1 (drink: water) ratio I think. But, I saved myself at least one drink, maybe 2! :wink:
  • Smelerz
    Smelerz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I gave up drinking last summer when I lost most of my weight but this year have tried to add it back in. I drink molson 67 or white wine and perrier or lime vodka and lime perrier. If I'm at a house party I tend to just drink perrier, no one seems to question me and I like the taste and the bubbles, I drink it out of a wine glass to make it feel like I'm drinking too lol
  • pinkpassionfruit
    Options
    I completely here you. I do great during the week - but when I go out on the weekend (usually once or twice) this is what kills me. Not to mention that when you've been drinking you're less likely to eat well the next day (or at least I am!). When I'm out I try to stick to vodka sodas like someone else mentioned below - but from a beer standpoint unfortunately the light beers are going to be your best bet. Although I have ready some articles about the health benefits (comparatively speaking and in moderation of course) of beers like Guiness.

I will say the one thing I liked about Weight Watchers on the flex plan was saving the weekly points for weekend events that I had going on. Has anyone experimented with their calories to do something like that using MFP?
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Has anyone experimented with their calories to do something like that using MFP?

I do something like that.
    I aim for 1500 cals mon-thurs, and run 10k mon-fri. Friday and Saturday I drink like a fish and eat whatever I feel like in the evenings. So far the trade is working out. I know I could lose must faster if I didn't drink, but I can't imagine quitting drinking. I'm 25! my whole social life revolves around alcohol and parties.
  • nunat919
    nunat919 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I have trouble with that also. My drink right now is Vodka, soda, a twist of lime and my pomegranate Mio OR Tequila and lemonade Mio my version of a margarita... Mix drinks without the extra calories..oh yah
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    Story of my life!

Lately I've been doing Absolut Pear & Soda Water with lime. When people stop paying attention, I switch to just club soda with lime or just ice water. It's been working, I just need to switch to water sooner in the night :)
  • fabby58
    fabby58 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Vodka Soda Lime but then I get steaming and order anything and everything and hit the 3 am bakery, I have been known to have a fruit salad a 3am, thats how drunk me rolls, its hangover eating that gets me. I feel like I must eat everything in sight
  • lilxocrush
    Options
    This is my hardest problem too!! I stay clear of drinks that just sound horrible for you (pina coladas, white russians, ect...). When out I like ordering vodka/cran but have recently switched to vodka/soda water with a splash of cran. They don't taste as delicious but I know its a better alternative. When i'm pregaming, i'll mix the flavored water from the supermarket and vodka or bacardi.

I have tried the skinny girl brand but it hardly has any alcohol in it (the peach margarita froze when i put it in the freezer to chill) and just seems worse because i'll drink more of it to reach the same level of drunkeness.
  • laurenmgrasso
    Options
    Just try to dance more, you'll burn the calories right off :) That's how I try to look at it.. and maybe just try one less drink each time, or drinks that have less calories