Exercise routines

Options
Hello everypony!

Exercise routines, what are yours? Perhaps we can gain some inspiration from each other!

I go to the gym 3 times a week at the moment and do 30mins on either the Cross-trainer or Recumbent Exercise Bike. I know it's not a lot, but I'm working up to doing more! :)

I also, through my natural daily commute to work, tend to do 40mins of walking 5 days a week, so that helps somewhat.

Anypony want to share their routine?

Replies

• MummyHungry
    MummyHungry Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no routine. We've got a treadmill, a mini elliptical, and a stackful of wii exercise/dance games, and I do one or some combination of those whenever the mood strikes. =P It averages to around 3 times per week, but occasionally I'll go nearly a week without doing any of them.
  • ZephyrFlash
    Options
    Fair enough. I've had to force myself into a routine, or I'd have never done anything. I have a step-machine thingy at home, but I never had the motivation to use it. Now I'm paying for a gym membership though, I've been able to force myself into doing it. xD
  • shadowdash
    Options
    I got a punching bag, the kind that sits on the ground, that I try to pound on daily (using gloves, safety first!) and walking whenever I have an excuse for it (going to the store). Other than that. . .E-e-nope
  • ZephyrFlash
    Options
    I wish I had a punching bag, we got to use those back when I did Taekwondo; they're a lot of fun.

Not everyone needs to exercise so much. I just know that I personally saw naff-all progress without exercising, so now I try and burn up around 400 calories a day at the minimum.
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It might be too girly (though it shouldn't ^^;), but I do Leslie Sansone's walking DVD's at least 5-days a week! :) I wear a HRM and with that I know how much I burn! (I burn about 300+ calories doing the 30 minute 2 mile walk)

I have Zumba too, but I don't think I'll do that until I'm a bit smaller ^_^; (Like reach my 250 mark)

And I try to do some strength training too. I'm in an Easter challenge and this week we're doing Bicep Curls (25 each arm) for 5 days and I have something called the Tower 200 to help me out with that!

But that's the plan for now, doing my walking dvd's until it gets nicer outside, then I'll start walking in the park (though it's not all that nice because the city was too cheap to put in cement paths and only did dirt & rock, so not very nice for rainy/muddy days :/), and start on Zumba when I can! Might also do some Jillian's 30 day shred when I reach my 250 mark.
  • papillon3598
    Options
    Getting back into the swing of things, I've got a couple of DDR games so I play those in my basement.. surrounded by the litter boxes for the cats. Joy.

I'd like to get into a dance class.. maybe even belly dancing since I have the hips but I work 2 jobs and about 60-70 hours a week. D: Both my jobs require me to just kinda stand in place.. though my one job as a Carousel Painter offers me moving around freedom as long as I get my figures painted. I hate jobs where I can't walk..
  • PinkiePie07
    PinkiePie07 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have an exercise bike in my living room and I try to ride it half an hour a day at least. I've been doing it actively for about a week and a half now. So, I'm kind of new to this whole diet and exercise thing but, so far so good. It was hard at first but I found that if I watched t.v. while doing it, it took my mind off of things and I am able to go longer with no problems. I've been thinking I might go to the student union once I get into a little better shape and start using the equipment there but for now this works.
  • papillon3598
    Options
    I'm the same way. I will do a machine.. a treadmill, elliptical, bike for HOURS as long as you plop a TV infront of me and put on some good Sciencey type shows or a History Channel Nostradamus marathon. But I can't do it if I have music or nothing, I just keep thinking about HOW MUCH THIS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.
  • StrawberryAqua
    StrawberryAqua Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've started walking almost a mile to a stop light, then go back the same way. I walk 1.8 miles in a little more than 30 minutes. This has more commitment than bouncing on our rebounder because if I decide to quit, I still have to walk back!
    I listen to my exercise playlist, which has some pony songs.
  • pokat302
    pokat302 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I work out at the YMCA during my lunch break. I'm forntuate to have the Y next door to my work. I keep my change of clothes in my assigned locker. So I get over there and changed out within 5-10 minutes. I spend 22 minutes on a cardio machine (Elliptical or treadmill whatever I feel like) and I pull up netflix on my phone using the Y's wi-fi and watch an entire episode of ponies. Then I head over to the resistance machines. My Y has a "activtax" program where it spits you out a personalized workout chart for resistance machines each day. (and each day it changes it up which is good.) I have it set for that to take me no longer than 20 minutes as well. That leaves me about 10 minutes to get changed back out and back to work. I do this about 3 days a week, generally Mon, Wed & Friday. I then heat up a healthy choice frozen dinner and eat it at my desk once I clock back in.

On weekends, we are hardly at home. Like this upcoming weekend we're planning on going to the Fair. That's a lot of walking around (I never buy "common carnival food" even when I wasn't trying to eat healthier). We go to Dollywood, the Zoo, bike riding.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Horseback riding.
    I tried explaining to everypony how much work it actually is, but only lyra had a clue what I was talking about.
  • gmad87
    gmad87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I pretty much made it a rule for myself to workout everyday. No Exceptions. Now a days when I go to the gym, I run on the treadmill for about 30-40 minutes (5 minute warm up walk, ~25 minutes jogging/sprinting intervals and 5 minute walk cooldown) and finish with 3 sets of 20 sit ups and 3 sets of 10 push ups. Three nights a week I play roller hockey and every once in a while I go play squash, which is always nice because I feel focusing on a game beats the hell out of daytime television/listening to the same playlists.
  • PrincessCadance
    Options
    Well, many moons ago, my days consisted of three exercise routines!

Running a mile on the track, then 2 laps of jogging the curves, sprinting the straights, jogging the curves, etc. And I didn't even break a sweat. Then I would jog around the neighborhood for a brief half an hour, and return to the track for the final round, sometime in the evening.

Now I can't walk up the steps without getting winded. Damn cigs.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    20 minutes of dog walking in the morning followed by
    5 minute stretch routine
    20 minutes of Tiffany Rothe exercises
    20 minutes of walking the dog in the afternoon
    20 minutes (a whole tape?) of 30 day shred
    60-90 minutes of dog walking at night

Every day
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm currently training for a marathon and my running plan is currently 4 days per week though I plan to up it to 5 in a couple more weeks.
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I try to do weight lifting 3 days a week (Tu-Th-Sa) and hit a stationary bike 2-3 times more. I did break down and hire a personal trainer to help keep me from doing things that are less than helpful and it's been helpful as just inspiration to get me to the gym to begin with. I also have the stack of dance games at home, but reigned in playing them because it destroys my back and feet. I'm wondering if it'll get better when the weight goes down... but it doesn't usually stop me.

Also I noticed that I've actually started losing weight (rather than just condensing my size) since starting the cardio, so maybe a mix is best?