Exercise

What kinds of exercise do you all do? I am not a treadmill person AT ALL so besides walking and zumba, do you have suggestions?

Megan

Replies

• SLally
    SLally Posts: 33
    elliptical, stationary bike, and weights. gonna try some HIIT soon to keep it entertaining!
  • Taylor0212
    Taylor0212 Posts: 72 Member
    I do cardio kickboxing, run (occasionally), go for long walks and bike rides outside and also weight train.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    i do jillian michaels workouts and yoga. i'm not a runner really but soon i'll be starting a couch to 5k program. trying to add some variety to my life lol
  • charlenebclark
    charlenebclark Posts: 19 Member
    My big one is my stationary exercise bike and I try to incorporate some strength exercises like various types of push-ups (regular, wall, incline, etc.). Sometimes I throw in my DWTS workout DVD or a yoga or pilates DVD.
  • nikknyc
    nikknyc Posts: 44 Member
    i'm halfway through C25K, it's really amazing. I can't believe the length I can run in comparison to 4 weeks ago!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    I'm not a huge treadmill person either! I do it because of couch to 5k and if I didn't have music to go with it, it wouldn't happen!
    Zumba is cool, kick boxing, Shun T's Hip Hop Abs (Hip hop version of zumba).
  • jpoulsen2
    jpoulsen2 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm not a huge gym person, so I do a lot of dvd's (kickboxing, tae bo, anything jillian michaels, zumba), also any of the Just Dance video games, and I've started taking dance classes last month which are proving great fun and exercise.
  • I bought a recumbant bike (the one's with a back) online for like $125. I love it because I can read or watch tv while I exercise. Plus it is low impact and it doesn't hurt your back like a regular stationary bike.
  • I love Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred... last time I did it I saw results... I just have to get back into my routine again!
  • siobhandg
    siobhandg Posts: 2 Member
    I do a circuit training class at the gym twice a week (strength training interspersed with some cardio to keep the heart rate up).

On the off days, I try to get some other type of cardio in at the gym - I was doing 30 mins on the elliptical each time but someone recommended switching to the treadmill. I don't like running, so I do a fast-paced walk at a steep incline. I find it works me a lot harder than the elliptical!

August to October I train for the CN tower stair climb too. I start with 10 flights 3x per week and gradually build to 85 flights 3x per week. Like running, it is amazing how quickly your body adapts and is able to go faster longer.
  • dhv5688
    dhv5688 Posts: 17 Member
    I don't like treadmills either, but my gym has an indoor track, so that's nice. Usually, I break up my work out with walk/jog intervals, elliptical, and walk/jog after the elliptical. In between each activity I do 60 crunches.

However, I am starting Insanity tomorrow. Let's see how that goes.
  • Anamaere
    Anamaere Posts: 60 Member
    I personally cant stand the gym. no clue why as i used to go all the time when i was younger (mid teens). Nowdays my exercise is my job (i trim horses hooves), fixing stuff at home (oh the joys of fencing!) and riding and general training with my horses as well as looking after the animals/etc. I know it's not the same as go to the gym type exercise but it keeps me sane haha!
  • poppy413
    poppy413 Posts: 1 Member
    Kickboxing is super fun, I really suggest trying it :)
  • UsernameStillLoading
    UsernameStillLoading Posts: 299 Member
    I normally lift. I want to swim again. Now that's a great endurance builder.
  • upthestairs87
    upthestairs87 Posts: 22 Member
    Right now I do weights, C25K and Jillian Michaels Yoga, I love all of it and mixing it keeps me motivated!