VSG on Medicaid insurance?

teresacc26
teresacc26 Posts: 91 Member
Has anyone on here gotten the VSG or LB on Medicaid insurance? I jus recently was approved for Medicaid and was wondering what the process was

Replies

• LaceyJacqueline
    LaceyJacqueline Posts: 1 Member
    I'm wondering the same thing. I was just told last night by a seminar thing that Medicaid does not pay for VSG but they do pay for LB and RNY. I did some reading online and I'm not finding anything different. The best way to find out is by calling the insurance people themselves. They'll tell you what you need to know.
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Mine was paid for with my insurance, but it is BCBS. I really don't know if Medicaid has this coverage, but I think you will have a case worker to ask. Hopefully they will advocate for what is best for you.

Good luck to you.
    Melanie
  • tjlosing
    tjlosing Posts: 1 Member
    I have medicaid and they do pay for vsg. I think you need to check with the Dr. that does the surgery to see if they take it.
  • It depends on the region you live in as far as I understand. I'm in Wisconsin and my surgeon's office says it's covered. I have an online friend from Oklahoma that says it's not covered there, yet.
  • teresacc26
    teresacc26 Posts: 91 Member
    Im in Louisiana and its covered here...I just dont know what I need to do