Favorite Vegan 'Junk Food'

Options
What is your favorite Vegan junk food and why?

Also any Vegans in Colorado in this group? If so, can you suggest good Vegan-friendly restaurants? My husband wants to take me to one for my birthday in a few weeks...

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• johannajebediah
    johannajebediah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't usually buy vegan "junk food" since i live alone and i'd end up eating a whole box of something in one day haha. but i love to bake cookies, brownies, pretty much anything.
    i do love vegan desserts when i eat at vegan restaurants, though. i've had a banana chocolate cream pie that was vegan and TO DIE FOR, and vegan brownies are great too.

check out happycow.net - they show you vegan restaurants, cafes, stores, etc. in your area!
  • MeanieD
    Options
    Tias Salsa chips because they taste just like how I remember Doritos. Also because of this, I cannot buy them for the house; I will eat the entire bag.
  • HamsterNut
    HamsterNut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ready salted crisps or rich tea biscuits :-)
  • kimclenard
    kimclenard Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Garden of Eat'n Red Hot Blues - An organic blue corn chip with paprika and spices. They are spicy and dipped in fresh garden salsa or red pepper hummus SO GOOD!
  • iangelab
    iangelab Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    vegan junk food-oh it has to be the desserts at whole foods, they have a vegan carrot cake, oreo cake and spice cake that are too die for and they sell them by the slice! they are so decadent that I only eat half of it each day so I get to enjoy it for two days!!! who knew you could make a vegan cake taste so good!!!
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I had a yummy vegan bacon cheese burger with french fries and vegan mayonaise today for lunch. It was delicious. I only eat fast food like this once in two or three month. So I have no bad thoughts about it. Yummy!
  • johannajebediah
    johannajebediah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY forgot about this brand before but Sweets From The Earth has TONS of vegan, also nut-free and gluten-free options that are literally TO DIE FOR

They're not so low in calories (one little slice of chocolate or carrot cake is around 300 cals) but they're SO worth it. If you go on their website you can even search where they're sold and find their products near you. So good, you have been warned!
  • speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I went to the vegan festival in Adelaide last weekend - it was amazing to just go and order food anywhere (its funny how bad I am at making food choices now as I am used to only one or two options that are suitable when eating out.) I had a sticky date muffin and it was awesome!! I also buy vegan lentil pies when I am buying lunch and salad or veggies isnt hitting the spot.
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Absolute favorite is fresh-baked cookies! Luckily, my bf loves to bake.

If you're not so keen on homemade, Trader Joe's Jo-Jo's - they're vegan Oreo's but with crushed up peppermint candy in the frosting. It's seasonal so you neeeeed to stock up!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have way too many!

This week it was

http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/soy-milk-ice-creams/pd-turtle-trails

followed by: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/08/30/flourless-chocolate-chip-cookies/ (I substituted the chocolate chips with peanut butter and a little cranberry almond chia mix. SO GOOD!

I am also a big fan of all the vegan treats at whole foods. I am going to my work christmas party tonight where there will be nothing vegan. Maybe I'll treat myself with something from whole foods when I get home to reward myself for not caving in to temptation to eat a non-vegan dessert.
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options

If you're not so keen on homemade, Trader Joe's Jo-Jo's - they're vegan Oreo's but with crushed up peppermint candy in the frosting. It's seasonal so you neeeeed to stock up!

Wait, those are vegan?? I had no idea when I tried one the other day. And I'm glad I didn't know!! Also glad that TJ's is not convenient for me to get to lol
  • kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY forgot about this brand before but Sweets From The Earth has TONS of vegan, also nut-free and gluten-free options that are literally TO DIE FOR

They're not so low in calories (one little slice of chocolate or carrot cake is around 300 cals) but they're SO worth it. If you go on their website you can even search where they're sold and find their products near you. So good, you have been warned!
    Agreed so much. Their chocolate cheesecake makes me cry.

Passion Flakies used to be my ultimate guilty pleasure, if you consider them vegan, which many do not because they contain refined sugar (but I do, mostly).
  • MeanieD
    Options

Wait, those are vegan?? I had no idea when I tried one the other day. And I'm glad I didn't know!! Also glad that TJ's is not convenient for me to get to lol

Aw man! I was just at TJ's on Tuesday...I didn't even look at the cookies. *grumble grumble*
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Aw man! I was just at TJ's on Tuesday...I didn't even look at the cookies. *grumble grumble*

Depends how technical you want to be. There's a quote from TJ's about the sourcing of their sugar used in the cookies: http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=278&start=275

I prefer vegan sugar but I don't interrogate its source in every food item.
  • skinnybetch78
    skinnybetch78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump!!
    I like the Chocolate Covered Katie website, and she has a lot of options to make things GF, too..