First Few Weeks

Options
So I've been taking pictures for the first few weeks since I've started doing this, and I am starting to see changes....I feel muscles in my back that I have NEVER felt, even when I worked out before....it feels fun flexing them :) I did reduce weight on my squat, more to make sure I had better form before I increased. This morning, too, I noticed for the first time the muscle around my armpits....who knew I had any????? It was a straight line rather than flab!!! yay for the small things.....I know it will take a bit to start seeing more definition in my butt and stuff, but I can't wait!

I have no clue how to post pictures on here, otherwise I would....

Replies

• Kuritaki1
    Kuritaki1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is my second week too. I noticed that my left side is weak side. If I am not careful the bar swing side to side. I am happy about this because I can work on my core as I lift. I too had to remain my squat weight 50 (lowered some) just make sure I can do correctly before increase. I have chronic knee problem as well, and hope that SL will help me that too. Once I get the form correctly, I can increase my weight. Good Luck on your journey. Litte thing counts for sure!!
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am mid week 2 and loving how I am feeling! I have had chronic knee issues as well, but no problems with deep squats. I read the SL page on squats and this REALLY helped. I noticed when I didn't consciously try to push my knees out, I'd get a tiny bit of "clicking" and pain.

From: http://stronglifts.com/how-to-squat-with-proper-technique-fix-common-problems/

How to Squat Down:
    You have unracked the bar correctly. All your muscles are tight and ready to Squat. The key to the Squatting correctly with a low bar position are your hips: you must have tension in your hamstrings at the bottom.

Knees Out. Never allow your knees to buckle in unless you want to injure them. Push your knees out as you Squat down.

How to Squat Up.
    Your hip muscles will be stretched when in the bottom position if you Squat correctly. Use that stretch to bounce out of the hole. If you Squat this way, you'll be lift a lot more weight while keeping your knees safe.

Push Your Knees Out. Same as for the way down: don't let your knees buckle in. Push your knees out as you Squat up.