Picking yourself back up

Options
Hi Guys, Gals and everyone inbetween :)

I've got a bit of a problem and was just wondering if anyone else had the same thing?

At the weekend I went out to my best friends and got absolutely drunk. Which in itself isn't the problem. I had accounted for it calorie wise for the week and I had made my peace with going over on my calories as I dont drink very often and we were celebrating her getting a new teaching job and the hubby finishing his hardest assignment in uni. The hangover to say the least was...well it was a destroyer. Now I can *drink* when I get into it and we really did put it away.

Now - it's 3 days later and I am struggling to get back on track. Sunday and Monday I was still hungover to high hell so I just didn't care about logging my food or what I was eating and after a brief look over what I can remember eating I have gone *way* over my cals for the 2 days and now I'm struggling to get motivated/go back the gym and generally pick myself back up again. I generally struggle with binge eating and I'm just worried that this is me starting to give up a little and just go back to my bad habbits for a week or so.

Is this something you guys struggle with after a heavy session where it just takes a while to get back on track?

Replies

• wobblyweevil
    Options
    Prevention is better than cure - I make sure I take milk thistle & plenty of water either before bed or first thing, and I eat when hungry but try to keep it to stuff that will help - banana, avocado, eggs are favourites but I might have a 9bar, eat natural or nakd bar as well, keeping on with the water. Good, healthy food will heal the hangover - you just have to grit your teeth and avoid the junk.

A friend and I have been practising our session drinking in the last month or so, so the above advice is recently tried and tested!

You can get back on track - take it one meal at a time, plan what you will eat and stick to it.
  • skinnypig85
    Options
    Iv been there one point all i want to do is drink and eat.... but i didnt know that drinking had so much calories in it ... when i tell you i was wasted every weekend i was... but you well come a point to where you dont want it any more.... trust you get back on track ...