Is this really “adorable” to guys?

Options
JanieJack
JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
Last night BB and I were talking as I drove home. It was a long day and I was done well past my bedtime. Someone cut me off and I grumbled about people who need to learn how to drive. He said he could picture me making my cranky pouty face. “What??” I said, “I don’t have a cranky pouty face!!” “Yes you do,” he replied: “I see it all the time when you get tired.” I told him I hadn’t realized I get cranky and pouty when I get tired. “I like it,” he answered. “It’s adorable.”

Do men really find this kind of stuff adorable about women? Or is this one of those things that is adorable now but a year from now will get under his skin like fingernails on a chalkboard?

Replies

• JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    It’s like the time he told me (and I wrote about here) when I couldn’t make up my mind what soda to buy (“If I’m gonna burn the calories, I wanna make it count and there’s so many new things to choose from”). He said he loved seeing me so indecisive because “it’s cute.” I countered that “It won’t be cute 10 years from now when we’re in a rush you’re tired of me taking forever to make up my mind.”
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    You might be right, it's a little cute when we see a side of you we haven't seen before, and after a while it will either bug the crap out of us or it will be just be part of who you are and what we like about you.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I would say it depends on the frequency of occurrence.

For example...suppose you got exasperated when tired and wanted to be held.
    If a somewhat rare now and then event it could be endearing.

If it is a given once or twice a day then it would get old rather quickly.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I agree with Roadie!

So far I have been called cute and adorable for all the dumb stuff I have been caught doing.... such as forgetting our current premier and other easy political facts (and he's in politics so this made me seem like a moron!), smearing pizza all over my face (the first moment he saw me), and a bunch of other silly little things. I am just going to go with it and be grateful that someone finds it cute and not completely ridiculous!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Those kinds of things, the things you don't notice or would be annoyed with that you do are the things men seem to find the most adorable...example. The man seems to think the face I pull in the morning, which he has termed the "sleepy kitty face" is one of the most adorable things I do. Also, Janie, I get cranky when I'm "done" for the day too and many guys have been annoyed with it but he says it's "one of the things he loves about me". I think he's totally insane, but if it works for him and I don't have to change "me", then all good!

Now, I have also questioned the "if I do this 10 years from now are you gonna hate it". He says no because it's me and he loves me...
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I can't speak for men, but I have been told, "You are so sexy when you're angry" by more than one man; therefore, making it hard for me to remain angry. LOL
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Roadie nailed it.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    My non-boyfriend now legit boyfriend had only heard from my co-workers about me getting mad and stomping my foot. He said "I can picture you doing that".........well now that we are 8 months into things he has seen me stomp my foot and pout. Says it's adorable and has to grab my face and kiss me when I do it. I hope that never ends.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    My non-boyfriend now legit boyfriend had only heard from my co-workers about me getting mad and stomping my foot. He said "I can picture you doing that".........well now that we are 8 months into things he has seen me stomp my foot and pout. Says it's adorable and has to grab my face and kiss me when I do it. I hope that never ends.

awwww now that is sweet!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

awwwww....that is so sweet!!!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    My ex used to mix up her left from her right sometimes. . I thought this was pretty cute. . we'd giggle about it. .

I can't drive and do ANYTHING else. .I will miss a turn every time, or head home or to work or wherever I commonly go, instead of my intended destination. .I'm the master of the U-turn. I'd love to find a woman who finds this adorable!. .lol. .
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I never grew out of rubbing my eyes like a toddler when I'm sleepy.

cute-tired-baby-rubbing-eyes-thumb6427253.jpg

Both my serious relationships said they found it cute. I also get way more affectionate and cuddly when I'm sleepy.

Also, I make random animals sounds (meowing, purring and stuff like that)....
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Depends on who, I'll add.

The first time my high school boyfriend declared his love we were on a mountain trail and found an enormous dog without an owner. I refused to leave the dog, and spent 2 hours coaxing it to come with us. I apologized for being stubborn about it, and boyfriend said "this is why I love you..."

A very similar scenario happened (minus the mountain and add the city) with another guy, and he was totally pissed off at me within five minutes (despite him also being a dog lover).

Thankful for cell phones and animal control because I do not want to be a crazy dog lady.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It depends on the guy. However I've had my boyfriend and my ex tell me that they find it cute when I pout when I'm cranky, or whimper in my sleep as I dream, or make meowing or purring noises. Some guys like silly little quirks.