Hey

Options
So i saw on h.net a few of us are trying to lose weight by using this site so i thought we should make a place for us to talk here too.

My name is Rachel not Rory, i'm just a huge doctor who fan that always has a laugh at Rory in it...

Anyways a little about myself I've been on here for oh a few years, over the last 2 ish years i've lost 40 pounds and the last 10 pounds in the last uh i think 11 weeks. I'm going the slow and steady way. I have anywhere from 30 to 50 more pounds to lose depending on how i feel at lower weights.

So tell me all a little about yourselves here any goals you would like to share

Replies

• moela2003
    Options
    I'm Beth! I've been on here since the end of June and overall, I feel like it's been going really well for me! I did lose some weight on my own that I had gained a couple years ago, but other than that, I haven't ever really made a conscious effort to lose any weight. I've been overweight since I was very young, so I always made the excuse that it must have a genetic link. While that may have a small role in my weight, I now realize that that is no excuse, and that it CAN be done! I'm very excited to see where I can take this! I'm pleased to say that I am already at my lowest weight as an adult, and I honestly can't wait till I have to renew my driver's license in a few months so I can change my weight on it. I had had it about 15 lbs less than my old average weight, but now I'm about 15 lbs less than that.
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Laura, Ive been on here for 68 days (or there abouts!) my weight loss is slow but Im doing a lot of strength training so the chub is moving off, but Im getting a bit of muscle to make up for it.

I'm on here because it feels as though me and my boyfriend are at a stage now where, we will want to get married and have children in the next couple of years, and I dont want to be a fat unhealthy wife and mother.

I was so excited to see this group come up! I have all my Hanson albums on my MP3 player that I use when Im swimming - it makes the hour fly by - its only a problem when I start singing along!

Feel free to add me as a friend :-)

x
  • clarinerd
    Options
    I'm Kellie =)

I'm musicusgeekus on hnet. I'm loud and obnoxious, but I try to be entertaining!

I started myfitnesspal before was at my peak weight of 310lbs. I'm down to 275 now, so still quite a bit to go. I have a friend who lost 140lbs using mfp ... That's what I need to do, too, so I need to get cracking! Luckily, other than my weight, I am quite healthy. No blood sugar, blood pressure, heart or arthritis issues. My biggest problems are bored eating and laziness.I fell off the wagon hard a few months ago, I feel more determined than ever now, so I hope we can all support each other!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    been a hanson fan since age 10!

i started at 130 lb.. (5'3) didnt have much to lose but i just didnt like the way i looked. high body fat % and felt tired all the time. i have lost 24 lb and am now in maintenance mode!
  • OMGItzRory
    Options
    it's great to meet a few of you. Beth I already know and shes the one that got me back on here because she's being doing amazing at it.

Laura Thats great your working out and losing weight so far i've been so focused on the eating part of losing weight and i myself haven't took the jump to weight training. I should soon i feel like i would see sizes drop but maybe not weight as fast. and 14 pounds in 68 days is great

Kellie I'm super loud just ask my friends :) congrats at losing some weight and keeping it off i feel like thats the hardest part is the after care and yay for starting up again you can do this! and remember focus on what you can you don't have to be perfect you just have to be aware of what your putting in and what your burning off.

and Stines72 Thats great you made it to your goal weight! i hope maintenance mode becomes 2nd nature to you so you can keep it.

As for hanson bit i'm a traveling fan i'm that type of girl that will go to a lot of there shows during a tour i'm kinda sad they didn't tour this year cus i tend to lose weight and get in better shape while traveling to see them cus you can only eat so much fast food till you want anything else and every night seeing them play jumping up and down and dancing... gets me in shape.
  • hizzlefrizzle
    hizzlefrizzle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hey guys! i'm holly.. i joined mfp a long, long time ago and then didn't really do anything with it. rachel and beth have been holding me accountable this summer and, although it's been slow-going and i've had my slip-ups, this is the most consistent i've been in a long time. i'm only down 7 pounds since late-august, but i'm currently the smallest i've been in 2.5 years, so i'll take it.
  • missinghiseyes
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jessica. : o ) I've been losing weight and using MFP (on and off) for two years. I often check the message boards for information and what not, but I usually don't post anything. Since January 2011 I've lost around 85 pounds. I started at 253 and I'm currently around 168ish and I'm about 5'3 and 22 years old. I'm definitely taking the slow and steady pace. It's such a hard but rewarding journey, so I take it one day at a time. I'm not really sure where my ultimate goal will be, right now I want to get to 150, then see where that brings me.

I've been a Hanson fan since 1997. I've only been to about 5 shows, but I love going. Their music has gotten me through so many rough times and good times, and everything in between. And I love listening to them while I work out, keeps me motivated. : o )
  • OMGItzRory
    Options
    Hey Jessica! You been doing great your before and after photos are amazing!!! keep up the work.

It's funny only being a hanson fan is it i've only been to some number bigger then 1 one or 2 shows, so many of us go to as many as we can.