Pcos, Mirena and MC

Options
Hey everyone, Just curious I had the mirena, and took out almost two years ago. I got pregnant in Feb of this year and miscarried in April. I'm wondering if anyone else had a sucessful pregnancy after a Mirena and Pcos. Im going to see my ObGyn next month but I just wondered.

Replies

• keeping_on
    keeping_on Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have not heard about difficulties TTC after the removal of a Mirena, unless there were complications (usually during insertion) such as perforation of the uterus. This group may be a better place to find answers to more specific questions you may have: http://iud-divas.livejournal.com/

Aside from making it more difficult to get pregnant in the first place, individuals with PCOS are also more likely to suffer miscarriages. If you are not already seeing one, shop around for a reproductive endocrinologist to work with your ob/gyn to figure out if any medical interventions would be suitable for your situation to help carry future pregnancies to term.

I am sorry for your loss and wish you the best of luck on your TTC journey! *hug*
  • MrsTyHarris
    MrsTyHarris Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Aww thank you for your advice! Hugs right back to you!! Right now im gonna focus more on losing weight so that I can enjoy the pregnancy at a healthy weight. But I will see someone when im ready to try again if it doesnt happen on its own! God bless you ^_^
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I agree, I don't think it was IUD related but more PCOS related.
    I too suffered a miscarriage in 2004 and after researching, women with PCOS do have a higher miscarriage rate. My OB/GYN at the time was very hopeful and said "at least you know you CAN get pregnant". Hang in there!