Goal for November

Options
Tina2Cats
Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
I realize we are in the middle of November, but it's not to late to make goals for this month. Mine is to weigh under 190 lbs and to stay under 190 lbs (Short term goal)

Another goal: Pace myself this Thanksgiving and keep my portions under control.

Tomorrow, I am eating at Hometown Buffet (all u can eat) with my son. I already went to their website and tomorrow's menu does not really appeal to me which is good. Other mfp members have talked about planning in advance which I think is smart. I plan on eating from the salad bar and using a low cal dressing. I plan on one dessert so I don't deprive myself, but at the same time, don't go overboard. I'll probably have some soup with my salad. Wish me luck. I will need it.

Replies

• jdim1093
    jdim1093 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Great goals! Planning ahead is crucial when eating out. I feel rushed to make a decision and I usually make a bad one if I don't read the menu ahead of time!
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    November goals:
    Continue to eat healthier and make good choices .....
    Make new memories with family I have not seen in awhile!
  • Tina2Cats
    Options
    November goals:
    Continue to eat healthier and make good choices .....
    Make new memories with family I have not seen in awhile!

Those are wonderful goals!
  • Tina2Cats
    Options
    Great goals! Planning ahead is crucial when eating out. I feel rushed to make a decision and I usually make a bad one if I don't read the menu ahead of time!

That is how I feel when I eat out: Rushed. I need to take my time when looking at the menu. I went to an all u can eat buffet with my son so I looked around at everything before filling up my plate. I did what I said I would do which is to eat at the salad bar. I ate a healthy salad and french onion soup. For dessert, I ate chocolate ice cream. I enjoyed a good lunch w/o going for 2nds and overeating. I felt good that I had stuck to my plan.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My Goal is to maintain my weight while off on injury.