My December exercise challenge

Options
danifo0811
danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
Since I went back to work in October, my exercise has been crap. I used to go to the gym when I was a SAHM but now I'm no longer a member because of time.

Since I've been at my job we've moved locations, all our accounts and ordering are different because we are no longer affiliated with the university and we are going through accreditation processes. I have one more week being at both locations.

My goal for December is to do a DVD in the morning at 5:15 4 times a week. I would really like to go for a walk at lunch time a few days a week since that is the only time I don't work through lunch.

Replies

• radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! Give yourself a little leeway on the weeks that are insane so you don't beat yourself up.
    :smile:
  • danifo0811
    Options
    day 1 walking to/from dance lessons with the stroller about 30 minutes

and it is snowing!

Food started off good with no candy for breakfast!

Thanks for the encouragement. I still am working on the time to DVD exercise.
  • danifo0811
    Options
    December 2 total fail :(

December 3 no exercise but eating is on target so I'll count it as a win.

I'm not sure if I can do the DVD exercise much this month because of obligations and my desire for that 30 minutes more sleep in the morning.

I'll be happy if the rest of the month is like today.
  • danifo0811
    Options
    blah....
    last 3 days have been good and I've done 30ds twice. hopefully I can keep this going.
  • danifo0811
    Options
    Well today i actually got up at 5am and did day3 of the 30DS. Contrary to what I think laying in bed, it didn't kill me to get up at 5. I didn't feel more tired and I would even say I had more energy. Must try tomorrow.
  • danifo0811
    Options
    I've gotten to day 5 of the 30DS. Today I did a workout from JM's kickboxing and i really liked it.I took kickboxing at a boxing gym last year and this is close to the (other than we don't have bags or wear boxing gloves). I loved it but it was really inconvenient to get to and the gym was fairly expensive for the amount I could use it (no childcare).

There are 3 workouts on the DVD and they are 20 minutes. Like literally 20 minutes. This morning I didn't have time for 40 minutes but I think I would prefer doing two workouts in a row. After the 20 minutes, I wanted to do more.

My goal is to do this 1-2x per week in addition to doing 30DS 4-5x. i thought originally I'd limit the days I had to get up at 5 on workdays but it doesn't seem that bad and I'm probably better being more frequent because when I don't, I start to slack off completely!

Eating has been declining. I'm still under 2000 calories which is good so I shouldn't gain but I'm still eating more junk. I'm going to put in a better effort to lose after Christmas.
  • triciafit99
    Options
    My exercise goal is to run on the treadmill in the evening 1 day a week - I did this last week and surely my family can survive without me for 20 minutes once a week.

Additionally, I also went swimming once at lunch last week and my goal is to go swimming once each week. I used to go swimming 2-3 times per week at lunch before my second daughter was born - these days that just doesn't seem doable with all the overtime and work I have to do.

If I can run once a week, swim once a week and go for a family walk each weekend - it isn't much but it is a lot more exercise than I have been getting since my daughter was born 9 months ago.

Back in the day I loved the JM workout disc I had - I might have to go find it. :)
  • danifo0811
    Options
    Good luck with the treadmill! I find it hard to leave them to exercise. I know they can get by without me but between kids and cleaning up, exercise gets squeezed out. By the time those are done, I'm ready for bed!

Got 2 days of the 30ds in on the weekend. today I slept in and then had to rush to get the garbage out by 7 because I forgot it was Monday. After I exercised yesterday, by 9 am I felt horrible with diarrhea and stabbing stomach pains. I was better by the end of the day but I still felt wiped from it this morning.

I did walk with the stroller today for 30 minutes but it doesn't counteract the Christmas supper and chocolate cheesecake!

Tomorrow I'd like to exercise but will only do 30ds if I'm up before the kids!