Any postpartum gridles users out there?

Options
This may sounds stupid, but I am planning to use all the help I can to get to achieve somewhat normal postpartum body.
I have read about some gadget that can help. I didn;t use anything after my first delivery 4 yrs ago , and I have hangin skin and widened hipbones, and I hope after this baby things will be a bit better.

First of all there are gadget that help you tighten your tummy back.
I checked out product the Cinch, Tauts, Belly bandit, Squeem. These are gridles or belly shapers that help you hold your tummy in after the delivery. Supposable they make you feel better as they hold your belly, it easier to heal any separated abdominal muscle, and help prevent mommy poach or hanging skin afterwards.

Then there are devices that help you pull back your joints while you have relaxin in your system, so your hip bones will not remain wider. I have found 2 of these products: "Shrinkx" and "hip slimmer"

These are not cheap things as each of them priced between $50-$100. However this is my last baby, and I am very determinated to get the most out of my postpartum recovery . I just do not know, which one is the best.
I

Replies

• KWKY
    KWKY Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I bought the belly bandit for myself when I had my second ... didn't notice much difference to be honest BUT it was great for core support, which you need in those early days of pregnancy. My back pain diminished significantly.

I bought mine second hand on ebay and sold at virtually the same price. I would advise if you buy a second hand one, buy a smaller one because there is some stretching to the material. I bought myself a medium and should have bought a small.

Good luck!
  • 69margaux
    69margaux Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Greetings, I am 2 months post partum and I use the flexies corset from Macy's for under $30. I went from 40 inch waist to 29 so far. It is comfortable, as far as corsets go, and it is even a tad sexy. I like the support it gives as I had a c-section and I tend to over compensate now and use my back more so my back likes the support of the corset.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Greetings, I am 2 months post partum and I use the flexies corset from Macy's for under $30. I went from 40 inch waist to 29 so far. It is comfortable, as far as corsets go, and it is even a tad sexy. I like the support it gives as I had a c-section and I tend to over compensate now and use my back more so my back likes the support of the corset.
    Wow, 11 inch in 2 months that is incredible.! Good to read such review .I felt a bit nutsjob to even consider using such things
  • 69margaux
    69margaux Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Not at all! It helps the body come back into shape and offers support which we need since the front is weak we over compensate with the back and we are lifting baby all day so that is a lot of work! I have a friend who birthed a week after me and she is a tiny little thing and she even has 3 different types of belly bands she is using! It is all good to support us getting back into shape and support our stability as we heal!