I hate my bipolar, IT'S AWESOME!!! ;)

Options
Glad I found this forum on here! My big problem with weight I feel is my bipolar disorder. From eating for comfort to my lithium I take that makes me gain and retain weight, it is proving to be a more challenging part of life than I thought! I never tried to lose weight before a couple months ago, and now that I am, I discussed with my dr to take me off a medicine that made me gain so fast I got strechmarks under my armpits!!! :'''( Since off that med, I have lost 18 lbs and am working on the remaining 67. I am so proud of all of us for coming out and talking about our illnesses and how they affect our lives and weight loss. Hope to make lots of friends here. <3

Replies

• lhulewsky
    Options
    Proud of you... I have bipolar also and have gained weight from the stinking meds. Feel free to add me if you would like. I believe you can do it.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I gained nearly 100 pounds on lithium and Depakote. I've lost about 80 of it and struggly to lose the other 20. I got worse stretchmarks than from being pregnant two times. I have found more people at MFP that are bipolar than I have in the 10 years I have had this in real life. Feel free to friend me!