New to the group!

Options
Hello! My name is Karyn I am new to MFP and this group! I am mom to a 4 year old boy (Tristan) who was diagnosed on the spectrum January 2011, 2 weeks after we welcomed our daughter (Kiana) It was during that process I completely put myself on the back burner and got completely out of shape! Now 20 lbs thinner and back in pre pregnancy clothes I feel like I found some balance...or at least some routines that win (Thank you slow cooker) Tristan has been in full time therapy since January 2011 - and has made amazing strides. He was non verbal, now he speaks in sentences (almost) Feel free to add me, look forward to connecting with some mom's in the same shoes!

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new to the group myself. Sounds like your son is making good progress. ;-)
  • Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Good work Karyn! Feel free to add me if you like. Have a 12 year old son diagnosed with asperger last January and like you - I was so overwhelmed with the whole process (which took 2 years), that I forgot to watch out for me...
  • redkim615
    redkim615 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Karyn! My son just talked talking this past Easter and it's made me so happy. :) Like you I put my own health needs on the back burner, but as my son has gotten older it has become obvious to me that I need to be in better shape to keep up with him. Good luck with MFP and feel free to message me anytime.
  • sevenof9ncrew73
    Options
    hi i'm sara and new to MFP today found this group and knew i had to join. For one i have a brother with aspergers now an adult i have a 16 yr old nephew who is autistic and i myself have aspergers nearly 40yrs old now and trying not to let it hold me back in my life. I am not sure if i want to lose a lot of weight as i am not really that much over weight i would like to get more healthy though i am trying to get healthy so that in june for my 40th birthday i can run a 5k survivor mud run obstacle course and do my first race with some friends but they are marathon runners so i cant even train with them, also have no gym so i have to work out a program i can do from scratch.