Challenge Week 4 (Nov 19-25)

Options
Happy Thanksgiving Week!

I was initially going to say lets make this weeks focus exercise but then I thought with the holiday that might be cruel and unusual punishment--esp since many of us are either hosting, traveling or dealing with oodles of family on top of having a new baby. Soooo I was thinking lets freestyle it this week, pick an area you want to work on and that you think you can work on successfully with the holiday, make your commitment here and report back!

Next week we will hit the ground running with tracking workouts.

Have a fantastic holiday!!

Replies

• prncesschic
    prncesschic Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I am up 1.5 lbs over the weekend:( my goal is to try to stay away from sweets in thanksgiving and also to pick the healthier of choices. Good luck to everyone! Holidays are hard to diet on. My stats this week are 210/181.4/172.5 happy thanksgiving everyone!!!
  • kellimiller1
    kellimiller1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey guys-- hope you all had a good weekend!!! Im down after this weekend which is a HUGE surprise because I had a horrible eating weekend- but then I did shop bigtime on Saturday all with carrying DS in the bjourn and doing major house cleaning- so maybe that made up for it. My goal for the week is to not overeat or stuff myself for Thanksgiving- just to eat smartly and try to take a walk afterwards. stats: 265/213.5/195. Happy turkey day!!!
  • tljennin1
    Options
    Stats- 205/168.8/157

I didn't do as we'll as I wanted to last week was short one day on both my strength training and running but I was sick and had a lot going on with my kids. This week I'm going to try calorie cycling which is eating different amounts of calories each day so my body doesn't get use to the 1200 and start to only burn that. It's suppose to prevent stalls. I'm also going to go for my same exercise goals of 3 c25k days and 2 strength training days. With family here for the holidays I actually have more babysitters. Happy Thanksgiving and happy eating.
  • YippieSkippy
    Options
    195.6/196.4/180.6

I gained this week...and am actually higher than when I started the challenge. Of course I did not track my food AT ALL and I am sure that was key. This week I am going back to square one...I have to check in daily and track everything I eat. Not sure how that will work on T-day but I will do what I can.

What really peeves me about this is I finally was able to do some exercise...I have been walking a mile just about every day, and I was really hoping that would count for something. Oh well, new day, new week, new beginning.
  • emsays
    emsays Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I know I am very thankful to have found this supportive group! :) It's a huge help!

I am down on the whole although I haven't WI'ed yet for this week. But I'm an up-one-week, down-another kind of gal so I take things as they come.

My goals for this week are to exercise at least 3 times (I'm doing a 5k walk on Saturday, so there's 1, and I worked out today, so I'm almost there!) and manage portions. It's Thanksgiving and my birthday this week so I probably won't track on those days, but my mantra will be "I can eat whatever I want, but not ALL I want!" :)
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I totally missed weigh in this week! Ahh! I will be weighing in tomorrow though for the new week. I am starting back at the gym tomorrow bright and early. I can't wait. Happy holidays ladies! :)