"No Homo"

Options
Am I the only one that feels like ripping their hair out everytime someone uses that phrase?

I was reading a thread here on the forums and someone used it and I wanted to scream. WTF is wrong with people? Do they think that if they make some comment about the same sex someone's just gonna come and bend them over a table?! Like... eugh. It makes me rage. :mad:

Replies

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone, or at least few people, are afraid that they're going to be bent over the table. I suspect that they're terrified of enjoying being bent over a table and what that might mean for their fragile little egos.

I also dislike the phrase.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Every time I hear the phrase I think of the hilarious satire done on the segment "That's Gay". Look it up, but be warned, the audio at least is NSFW.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    Yes it really p isses me off! Like people are afraid to be seen as Gay! Yeah like anyone would think they were that cool!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I guess I've only heard it used within my little circle on WoW and its never bothered me, because I just took it as d*cking around (which it was) and I know its not ACTUALLY some kind of "oh no teh gheys" comment from that crew..... we just like to ride the wave of the internet sometimes. I dunno if it would bother me if I heard it from someone else.
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Every time I hear the phrase I think of the hilarious satire done on the segment "That's Gay". Look it up, but be warned, the audio at least is NSFW.

Me too. That was an excellent bit, and I had never heard the phrase until I saw that.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Whenever people say no homo, I yell "YES homo!" usually breaks their habit after a few times.