very frustrated

Options
so im taking in 1000 cal. and have now gained 3 pounds...i have been doing so good with the holiday food being passed around. im just getting frustrated and hungery. yes i know im still new to it all. (had lapand on oct 23) but man... this just making me want to go out and eat a big ol piece of cake.

Replies

• apreezy321
    Options
    Sometimes during the first few months after the band you can gain some weight, its completely normal for a lot of people. Are you on LapBandTalk.com ? A lot of helpful forums to get you through this issue.. Also 3 pounds could be water weight its really nothing to worry about just keep up the hard work and it will pay off.
  • kathyzimmerman24
    Options
    thanks for the website... ive been looking for one like that
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Frustration is normal. Just take it in stride. You are at the very beginning of this journey. Remember, it's a marathon not a sprint. Keep doing what works for you. Move more, get more protein, and relax. You will be successful! Have a great day!
  • susan45013
    susan45013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thats a good website. There is also bandedliving.com. My weight fluctuates alot. Even with the band. Just keep up the good work and it will pay off.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If you are only a month out from surgery, your body is probably still getting used to solid foods. You said you were at 1000 cals, but what is your protein intake. Maybe you need to focus more on that and less on overall cals. I wastold by the nutritionist at about the 3 month mark that I should increase my intake to lose more consisently. I eat alot for a lapbander but it seems to be working for me.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    As someone who's had the band for 3+ years, there will be ups and downs. I lost about 40 and gained all of it back, plus some, 6 months post surgery.

Make sure you get the band adjusted when you need to (mine's as tight as it will go after 12 adjustments) and use your doc's support team (nutritionist, etc). Like others have said, this is a marathon. Also, you may need to add intensity to your exercise. Get a HRM and really push yourself and see if that doesn't help. I had to add in running after doing the elliptical for a year because I just wasn't losing and as it turns out, running is really the only thing that gets my heart rate up where it needs to be.

Good luck and hang in there!
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    Nearing my TOM.... bang 3 pounds easy over night. It goes away almost as quickly as it comes :)
    That could be why, because really... if you are eating 1000 calories, or even more not possible to gain 3 pounds.
    3500 calories (above your maintenance calories) is one pound. You would have had to eaten and "extra" 10500 cal.

Keep up the battle!!!