Season 3 - Episode 7 "When the Dead Come Knocking"

Options
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 11/25/12 episode

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-307-the-walking-dead-when-the-dead-come-knocking

YouTube Episode Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KtbMCr3bumA

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    daryl will be the one to kill merle at some point right?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    daryl will be the one to kill merle at some point right?

has to be. i like michael rooker as an actor and love to hate him as merle, but merle has GOT to go
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    why doesnt the governor tell glenn he will bring maggie's hand to him if he doesnt talk? glenn would talk then right?
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    ha i guess thats another way to get the info.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Gotta say, Glenn was pretty badass tonight.

Also, was it just me, or did Andrea seem like she was playing the Gov'na at the end there just a little bit?

Also, also, JUDITH...?!?!...
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Glenn kick *kitten* for sure. Poor maggie i was hoping he didn't rape her omg. Aw everybody was happy to see carol. Judith ew come on lil *kitten* kicker was bad enough they should of said sophia. Michone had a stank attitude tonight it ain't like rick as her to come to the prison and yes michone they clear it all by themselves. Next week is going to be on like popcorn .And one more thing how you a research guy experimenting and you haven't been around a person who turn into a walker sound kind of stupid to me don't you think?
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    .And one more thing how you a research guy experimenting and you haven't been around a person who turn into a walker sound kind of stupid to me don't you think?
    I find this a little unreal as well... seems they would have all seen someone change at some point.

Glad that Carol is back and holding the baby. Little surprised they threw the guy in the cabin into the Walker mob, I would think they would keep any survivors alive to fight with all the stuff going on.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yes michonne annoyed me when she said that she didnt ask for rick's help. i guess she would have rather have been eaten as she lay passed out in the yard?

i thought the researcher's knowing that all dead people turned but not having seen it himself was a little odd. is it possible he was lying?or maybe he's heard it from other people? whatever it is, it seems like he doesn't have much first hand experience with walkers. remember a few episodes ago when he went out collecting and didnt know what to do with himself.

the cabin guy was crazy.. he was about to open the door to let in the walkers. he needed to die.

i'm wondering what the governor is going to do once he realizes merle lied to him about michonne.
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Pretty good episode tonight. I loved that Michonne took charge and took care of crazy hermit guy. Although poor dude, he's just out in the woods minding his own business when someone just comes barging into his house.

Andrea is pretty stupid.... I mean you kinda have to wonder what kind of man could keep a dude like Merle in check..?

Also, I don't think they should have left Axl (white prisoner, I think that's his name) behind. He's either going to try something on Maggie's sister or be the one to let the Gov scouts in the prison..
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options

i'm wondering what the governor is going to do once he realizes merle lied to him about michonne.

OMG! I totally forgot about that! Oh yeah, Merle's gonna get it, from either the Governor or the prison group!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    my guess now is merle sees governor about to kill daryl and he sacrifices himself to kill the governor and save daryl.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Overall, not the best episode of the season, but it was probably necessary to set up the mid-season finale.

I had the samet thought about the scientist not seeing anyone reanimate yet. Seems like you'd have seen it by now.

Judith is taken directly from the comic. I'm sure it has some significant meaning.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I actually liked the interaction between Michone and Rick. I mean he doesn't know she's a supreme bad *kitten* that kept Andrea alive the entire winter. And she doesn't know that Rick isn't just another Governor. I don't blame either one of them for being leery of the other.

I'm surprised that they didn't leave someone stronger at the with the group at the prison. They are completely open and vulnerable to attack. Carl has become quite the little bad *kitten* but he isn't capable of guarding that prison and his own. Herschel and his younger daughter can't be that much help. Carol might be but she will be too preoccupied with the baby. In my opinion Axel is too much of a wild card still. We don't know if he is trust worthy or not.

I couldn't figure out if that guy in the cabin was just a crazy recluse that had no idea what was going on or if he was just plain crazy. They do seem to be much more liberal with killing people that are a threat to them. I guess it's just a contrast between this season and last season.

The Daryl/Merle showdown in inevitable. I think that at some point or another Merle is going to fall on the sword and save Daryl somehow. We'll see if it comes as early as the mid season finale or if they are going to drag it out a little bit longer.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

Also, was it just me, or did Andrea seem like she was playing the Gov'na at the end there just a little bit?

What makes you think that? I don't remember exactly how the episode ended....
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering about the preview to the next episode- where Carl says leave her- wondering who that was - Michonne?!

I think the Merle/Daryl plot will be a good one, just hoping that Merle is the sacrifice, and NOT Daryl. Daryl, is so awesome. Had to replay that scene with him and Carol before he left, to hear what Carol said- 9 lives...

hermit dude with cabin fever - thought that the stench was a walker.. can't wait for the showdown with the prison/Woodbury.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options

She went to his room after the Dr. Frankenstein bit, and when he asked her how everything went, she just poured a drink and became all sad-like, so he hugged her. When they zoomed in on her face it just had a look to me. Probably my imagination, haha, but I'm hoping Andrea is going to change...
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

She went to his room after the Dr. Frankenstein bit, and when he asked her how everything went, she just poured a drink and became all sad-like, so he hugged her. When they zoomed in on her face it just had a look to me. Probably my imagination, haha, but I'm hoping Andrea is going to change...

Ok I remember that part now. I think I saw it more as her seeking a comfort that she hadn't had in a long time. I also wonder if she thinks that she's just going to settle into a happy, normal relationship with the Governor now. She did seem to be making herself at home there.
  • morninglory5782
    morninglory5782 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This might have been my favorite episode of TWD yet!
    my favorite part was when the walkers were feasting on hermit man and it went straight to a KFC commercial talking about when Fresh really matters! LOL!
    that scene with Glenn and the walker was the best ever!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I hope Michonne got a little bit chattier with the group on the car ride, and maybe mentioned that Andrea and Merle were at the compound.

I have to imagine that Andrea already told her all about the group she was with, so she'd know they knew each other.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Also... I'm terribly torn between wanting to read the comics so I know what's going to happen, and being so glad I don't read them because it's all a surprise to me and I'll be clueless to any changes in the story arc.

I read all the Sookie Stackhouse books, and while I like the True Blood show, it's so different that it annoys the piss out of me.