How much weight are you looking to lose?

Options
mrsewert
mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
Is your goal a number on the scale? Inches lost?

Replies

• aprilelayne
    aprilelayne Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good question! while I really hate the number on the scale and am motivated by that, I think I should take my measurements this time. It really drove it home for me last time to see how many inches I was losing in comparison to the scale. It truly reminds me that health and fitness doesn't show up on the scale in numbers, but in inches!
  • slimjourney
    Options
    Hey yall, new to this group I'd say I'm looking for inches lost. I've always weighed more than I look so i just stopped paying attention to that. it's more important to me how my clothes fit. Good luck, patients, and will power to you all.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie. It's easier to weigh myself than break out a tape measure. I can tell it in my jeans and other clothes but really, I look at the scale.
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am leaning more towards a number on a scale...I agree it is easier to track. I have a number in mind, but I plan on listening to my body as I get closer. I may get to it, I may not...If I get close and I feel good, I will worry more about maintaining than losing.
  • jyvonne27
    jyvonne27 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm leaning towards a number on a scale and a dress size. I haven't done measurements the whole time I've been losing, so not sure if it would be worth it to start now. I only have about 10 lbs left to go!
  • Diyah13
    Diyah13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get down to 125 lbs. When I started MFP the last week of June 2012, I was at 210. I'm now at 184.4. I go up I go down. I've already dropped one size in clothing, and I'm hoping I can go down one more size. I was in size 18, and now I'm in 16. If I make 14, that's where I was in high school. Right now it seems like a lofty goal being 45 years old, married, two children, working full-time, and contemplating more education; however, if I can drop 20 pounds in four or five months, I can do the rest.
  • hockeymom95
    hockeymom95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 41 pounds.
  • JoPress
    Options
    My current goal is 37 lbs. (that'll bring me to 170) once I get there I'll decide if I want to bring it further, I chose 170 because he smallest I have ever been is 165ish and I was happy with my weight then, I had enough muscle on my body that I wasn't really "fat" at that weight, I was also a lot younger and more active then so that muscle may be long gone but I figure 170 is a do-able starting point :)
  • chrstlg1
    Options
    When I was on a workout program before I was frustrated because my weight never seemed to go down. I did notice that my pants were fitting looser and that my tummy was getting tighter so I guess I would say that I am looking to lose inches rather than pounds even though I desperately want to say that I met my goal in pounds as well!! Have any other members on here had multiple c-sections? If so, any tips on abdominal exercise to help me with my lower abs?
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My goals is definitely number on the scale for the same reason as others.. I admit, I do not do measurements even though I know i should.. I would like to lose 10-15 more..