MFP vs Fat Secret

Options
I moved over to this fitness tracker to be part of the NLO community. I will say that the bar code scanning and food finder seem to have more selections. I was adding a lot of stuff manually on my other app. The only thing I really miss is the widget that the FS had. It had a nice little progress graph and quick add for the food. Overall MFP seems pretty good, but the Android app doesn't seem to have a way to directly access the group pages. Even if you ****ers all bail and stop using this app I'm probably going to keep using it. It has a lot more beers in it.

Replies

• sadmoody
    sadmoody Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah the community aspect of the apps is lacking, but I've always seen the app as just a logger rather than "another facebook".

I used a few different sites before settling on this one, and I found this one to have the largest selection of food, as well as the cleanest interface. There are progress graphs on the app, but they're not too great. They show you your weight for the last 3 months or a bar graph of your calorie consumption for the week. The calorie estimation is relatively accurate, but there are some false entries. I think it just lets anyone make up and enter a value for any food. This means that you get some very optimistic numbers for some foods, but once you use it for a while you'll be able to tell those apart. Just a shame you can't flag them for deletion/edit them.