workout clothes

Options
mrs_dwr
mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
For those of you who are trying to exercise through your pregnancy: have you found any maternity workout clothes? Or do you just buy a bigger-than-usual size of regular workout ones? Mine are way too tight around my tummy and it's hard to motivate myself to exercise if I have to wear regular maternity clothes!

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I found some maternity workout shorts that really didn't look any different than regular shorts, but they were much more generous around the tummy without having huge legs. I also got some sweatpants much larger than what I normally wear.

Edit to add - I got the shorts at Motherhood Maternity.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I just wear my normal workout pants below my belly and wear a shirt that's oversized so it's long enough to cover my belly!
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I bought some men's long T Shirts and some full panel workout pants. I didn't really need them until I got halfway through my second trimster though. They are more comfortable and they don't constrict as much on my bladder, which is a plus.
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm with fitmama on the pants. But I can't stand anything baggy on top when I workout so I've been wearing a workout tank that's 3 sizes too big, the only problem is that it tries to work its way up my belly when I move so I tuck it in the top of my workout pants/capris lol not so cute but it works and its not baggy!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I bought two maternity tankinis to swim in (@ Motherhood Maternity). I also bought maternity tank tops and a couple of pairs of maternity yoga pants. I wanted everything to be relatively form-fitting, so that when I'm doing yoga (and go into some pose, like downward dog), my shirt stays put and the belly is covered. I also bought some regular yoga pants (at H&M) one size larger than my normal and those are working great.
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ironic - I'd just been looking at these on zulily:

http://www.zulily.com/e/for-two-fitness-112612.html?pos=13&tab=baby-maternity

They aren't cheap - but they are adorable!! Since I just work out at home, not really a necessity. But if I went to classes at the gym... this would be on my Christmas wishlist.
  • wicklc
    wicklc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just wear my normal workout pants below my belly and wear a shirt that's oversized so it's long enough to cover my belly!

Yep- This is what I do as well!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

They aren't cheap - but they are adorable!! Since I just work out at home, not really a necessity. But if I went to classes at the gym... this would be on my Christmas wishlist.

Totally adorable! However, $30-some-odd bucks is generally not what I like to spend on something I'm going to make smelly :)
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Totally adorable! However, $30-some-odd bucks is generally not what I like to spend on something I'm going to make smelly :)

Agreed, sadly.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing my old workout clothes, but at 20+ weeks, they are getting snug! I also like maternity leggings. The full panel leggings are great for jogging and zumba! I have been wearing those with a long tank, but I will probably pick up some maternity t- shirts soon!