So who is in this?

Options
Hi - I was just looking around for some motivation and was even considering rejoining ww and then I realized that if I don't track it is never going to happen and then I remembered that MFP has a community that I have never ventured into. Now I am feeling like I can really do this. Super happy to find a challenge that is just starting that I know I can do! This challenge is stuff I strive to do each day.

Looking forward to connecting with other members and becoming more active and more successful. Oh and losing 10 lbs by Christmas will be awesome too!!

Replies

• kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! I thought about doing WW again but I just can't seem to grasp the new points plus and it really doesn't motivate me. Hoping between this and my Fitbit I will be good to go!
  • KidForever
    Options
    Hi, I am a 55 year old wife/mom/full-time employee. Not sure I will be able to make 10 pounds by Christmas. As I have gotten older it has become harder to lose weight, I think because I have lost muscle mass over the years and just do not burn as many calories at rest. Also, I have a stressful desk job - the more time I spend in front of a computer the more successful I am at work. Not the best incentive for losing weight. But if I can take off just 5 pounds - that will be a great start for me. When I am home tonight I will post my weight and see where this goes. Glad to be able to share this experience with others - as I have tried for years to do this by myself - to no avail.
  • lessismore71
    Options
    I think any amount we lose is going to be great. I am just happy to have a goal to reach to. I think I can do the 10 lbs since I am just restarting and that will be 2 lbs a week for me which is doable at this point. I am trying to beat the clock though as I just turned 41 and I know it does get harder and harder each year.
  • SoonToBeHealthNut
    SoonToBeHealthNut Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I really hope this works... I am with you all ladies... was looking at WW but I just dont want to pay for something I can do without them and the points....

After Thanksgiving I got on the scale today and I was so scared at the number... it just keeps going up .... :(
  • kbaker505
    kbaker505 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined as well! I am excited to join this group!
  • sabrina19899
    Options
    Im 23 and i just joined this to keep track. Im a very busty girl at 38DDD and i really want to lose some breast naturally before 2014. I gave myself a year of real working out and tracking my eating habits before turning to surgery. So i need all the help i can get. I also would like to be in shape like when i was 17. Currently i weigh 185 but its all in my boobs and stomach because my legs and arms are slim. Very weird and i have not had kids yet. So this would be great to lose 9 lbs before the end of the year. Count me in.
  • ECW202
    ECW202 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just joined and I am excited to start the challenge!
  • beccalous
    Options
    I joined MFP awhile ago but didn't really use it nor did I exercise. I started Ripped in 30 2 weeks ago (just did Day 1 of Week 3 today) and started using MFP to track everything at the same time. It makes me accountable so I double think my food choices. :) I'm excited to be here to give and receive encouragment and motivation. Would love to lose 10 lbs by Christmas! What a challenge!
  • b_edwards002
    Options
    i'm excited to find a challenge that i can do and i look foward to it.
  • AliAlabamaBear
    Options
    Hay,
    I thought about jointing WW, but the points system just confused me. These challenges seem good and achievable. I would love to lose 10lbs by the New Year, it would be the perfect boost to help me lose the rest!
    Good luck to you all, I am looking forward to up dates and supporting you!
    x
  • EconMama
    EconMama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just joined and glad to be in on this challenge. My fitness habits have gone off track in the last couple of months and I think it's a great idea to start the New Year already back on track instead of further off the rails!

I know the organizer said we'll report back weekly, but I would kind of like a daily check in. Anyone up for that?

Jess
  • wildfirefly1
    Options
    Just joined, looking forward to having some people alongside, it will be good to start the new year with some success instead of the culmination of a bad year!
  • Orchidbea
    Orchidbea Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Reading the posts and found this one which is going to be just right for me. I am now going to go for a walk to get my 20 in for the day. I really need motivation in the exercise dept. When you look at it as 20 minutes, it doesn't seem so large. I'll take my multivitamin and be done for today. Looking forward to seeing the results. Thanks for the encouragement I needed to get moving.
  • AMTlovesyoga
    AMTlovesyoga Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Being using MFP for awhile now off and on but just invested in a FitBit and started checking out the boards for motivation ... this challenge is perfect!! Good luck to everyone :)
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This challenge is great. I've never done ww but these rules seem do-able. I am not that far from my goal but keep slipping lately so this will be prefect to help get back on track.
  • sofitladies
    Options
    Hey ladies! I would love for everyone to check in daily, in fact, it's part of the rules :-) If possible, could everyone post their comments, suggestions, successes and challenges under the "Daily Motivation" message board so we can keep each other accountable?

To clarify, I would like participants to send me a weekly message with the number of points you have accumulated so m inbox doesn't get jammed with daily point tallies and I don't get confused. I hope that helped clear up the confusion.

I am happy to hear that you all are inspired and hope to see you achieve your goals. I am a lifetime member of WW and know how much the simple rules helped me and I hope they will help you also.

@Amphilli25, I was considering the FitBit. How do you like it?
  • sexywifey0127
    sexywifey0127 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am 30 and need to lose some baby weight that I packed on about 9yrs ago. I have been using MFP for awhile but not consistently. I am hoping joining the group will keep me on track and motivated.
  • s0ulrunner
    Options
    Hi! I just found this group and I know I'm a few days late but I'd love to be a part! I need some motivation to stay healthy and reach my goals during the holidays when temptation is at it's highest. I have about 8 pounds to lose and I've been losing and regaining them for the past two years (talk about a nightmare!)
  • sofitladies
    Options
    We'd love to have you! Those last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose and the hardest to keep off :-( I played with my last 7 pounds for 3 months before I hit my goal weight and was only able to keep them off for 3 months. It is always good to re-focus from time to time as it is easy to stray of the path, letting bad habits creep in. I applaud you for keeping at it!
  • sofitladies
    Options
    Just do a little each day and we hope to see less of you by the end of the challenge :-)