Thanks for joining!! Day 1.... How'd ya do?!

Options
Just wondering how everyone did Day 1?? Did you follow your goals? Work out? Drink water? Lay off the booze? lol

I personally, did well as far as logging every bite, Ate lots of veggies, and did 30 DS. Drank a decent amount of water, I'd like to up that tho. But I failed miserably on the no alcohol! In fact, I'm drinking a martini right now :/ ... But its in my calorie limit ... so still under, but not at "goal"
How did you guys do??

Also, wanted to mention.... I'm COMPLETELY new to this group thing! Any idea's you have, or if I'm doing something wrong, or whatever, please say bc I have no idea!!! lol I've seen some groups have spread sheets and whatnot to account for everyone and weight loss and goals and all of that... I know NOTHING about that stuff! So, if you know how, or would like to offer your suggestions/services.... PLEASE DO!!! :) All is welcome. :)

I was thinking of starting mini challenges for each day... What do you think?? It can start out small and work its way up... And everyone's goals and fitness levels are different. So to each their own.... but it is a friendly competition after all :) So maybe even if its something to work towards for the day?? (Ex. Drink 80 oz water today, walk one mile today, 100 sit ups today...etc.) What do you think?

Anyway... Thanks for joining :) 1 day down... 29 to go! Here's to hoping tomorrow is even better than today :drinker:

Replies

• Caguppie
    Caguppie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Doing OK over here - I still need to go for a walk but, miraculously, I have logged and stayed just at my calorie goal. Yay!

The last group I was in totally fell apart, fast. Not that that will happen here, but I sort of thought we should have had a 'participation' requirement. Maybe it seems stiff, but we are all here to develop more discipline... This is just my first thought, but maybe a minimum of 3 check-ins per week (or if you really want to be hard-core, and I'm game, a group check-in every day). It's only a 30 day commitment. We could do something like copy & paste or goals list & put an 'X' after the ones we've completed for the day/week. You could also require weigh-ins. Maybe it's also helpful to start topics every few days to a week that encourage conversation & sharing ideas & support. Just my two cents!
  • TNT2008
    TNT2008 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't exercise today but that's alright, I usually do it after husband goes to work @ 11pm. I'm a night owl. I did okay food but need to drink more water.
    I would like the daily challenges if you decided to go with the idea.
  • lzygrl
    lzygrl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My Day 1 was an awesome start to the challenge. Water intake was awesome, I tracked everything and came in under budget as well as burning over 800cals in 2 workouts. So far so good.

I am new to the forums as well, so I am looking forward to getting to know people. This is my first challenge participation so I am not sure of protocol but I am happy to check in as often as needed.

Good luck everyone for Day 2!
  • ToshaRozema
    ToshaRozema Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I did really well today!!! I did 60 minutes on the treadmill (a little over 4 miles and almost 600 calories)! I ate really well today!!! Water on the other hand,,I didn't do as well at :/ I need to challenge myself more and have myself drink a glass every hour..??
  • jmpenswick
    Options
    I'm excited about this whole thing! I'm hoping with my membership at the gym and calorie restriction I will be on my way to looking and feeling the best I have felt since quitting smoking and drinking. My eating habits are ok and always improving, and now my husband and I are working out (he doesn't need to lose, just get in shape). I hope that I can be an encourager to some and also be encouraged by all of your testimonies. I am over my calorie goal today by about 100 calories but I know tomorrow I will be under because of the gym. I drink about 96oz of water or tea a day so I'm ok in that department. Good luck ladies and gents.
  • xaemama
    Options
    I had a good day. I walked over 4 miles today and burned close to 800 calories. It seems that I can eat a good sandwich and then go and walk. I don't need to eat so much, either. I still need to drink enough water. On a side note, I haven't lost a pound, but I am looking thinner everyday. I could have sworn I lost weight, but no. I have to remember that just because I may not have lost any weight, I am still getting healthier. :)
  • RuthTarts
    Options
    Hooray for day 1! I carried around a 2 liter jug of cold lemon water and drank that all day, logged all of my food and did a 3 mile walk in about 40 minutes. I'm especially proud of myself for not grabbing a handful of my kids' Cheez Its even though I really wanted to :) Those afternoon carb attacks are killer!

Good job to everyone else!!! It helps me do well when I see others do well! One down, 29 to go!!
  • carriagetown
    Options
    Day 1...so far so good. I didn't eat any extra CRAP. Woohoo. No dessert, no sugar. We went out to eat and I had a salad with grilled chicken, no croutons. I drank quite a bit of water and had lots of fruit and veggies - NO FAKE FOOD. I didn't get to work out, but I had a 12 hour work day (with a dinner break in between). My house guests leave today, so hopefully I'll get back on the exercise track. Here's to day 2 (holding up my 24 oz water bottle) CHEERS.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was so so for me. I got my 90 minutes of exercise in between morning and evening sessions-spin, elliptical and strength training. My eating was great till about 6:30 when I got bored and that led to the munchies. I was in the red on calories unfortunately.

Stepped on the scale this morning and was at 174.2 which is 2 pounds up from last week before Turkey day and the big weekend. That seems to be my biggest issue. I drop a bit during the week and then let things slide during the weekend so it all comes back and then some--it is a vicious cycle that I need to break!

As for the challenge, I think it would be great to throw out some daily mini challenges-either we can send in suggestions or have a post where people can through them out each day. I know I am competative so I will jump at the chance to "one up" someone.

Keep up the good work!
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was so so for me. I got my 90 minutes of exercise in between morning and evening sessions-spin, elliptical and strength training. My eating was great till about 6:30 when I got bored and that led to the munchies. I was in the red on calories unfortunately.

Stepped on the scale this morning and was at 174.2 which is 2 pounds up from last week before Turkey day and the big weekend. That seems to be my biggest issue. I drop a bit during the week and then let things slide during the weekend so it all comes back and then some--it is a vicious cycle that I need to break!

As for the challenge, I think it would be great to throw out some daily mini challenges-either we can send in suggestions or have a post where people can through them out each day. I know I am competative so I will jump at the chance to "one up" someone.

Keep up the good work!

I think challenges sound great!! Maybe like 2 miles per day or 30 mins strength training another day?

Just ideas they may not suit everyone!

I'm just the same as you- I slip badly at weekends (mainly after my first Friday night glass of wine!!) then spend the weekdays getting over it - these past few weeks I've been gaining and losing the same 2lbs. That's why I've joined in on this - to try and kick start sustained weight loss again!!

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • peachElibrarian
    peachElibrarian Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Day 1 finished!
    Exercise:Went to the gym early before work and walked/jogged/c25k for 30 minutes.
    Logging: Logged everything (even the cheese cubes I grabbed out of the fridge and ate before I realized what I was doing) and managed to stay under goal. I made my lunch for tuesday & logged that early.
    Water: I increased my water intake but it still isn't where it should be. Something to continue to work on.

The scale this morning "claimed" that I had lost 2 lbs between yesterday and today. Which sounds good... but really just makes me suspicious of my scale's consistency/accuracy. I think I'll wait a week before changing my weight on here until I know it's really going down and not just fluctuating.
  • mitzhogue
    mitzhogue Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    day one was good. I started the 30ds, was under my calorie goal and didn't eat back the calories burned from the workout. i got my water quota in, but i didn't get any pilates or walking done. today is another day though. looking foward to the burn later on... and i'm gonna force myself to walk home from work so i can get that accomplished as well... (God willing the weather holds up.) stay inspired everybody!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I am feeling good about this challenge! Thanks for starting it.
    Spent yesterday evening grocery shopping and food prepping.
    Formal workouts start tonight, and am hoping I can even squeeze in a morning routine :)
    Good luck everyone!!!!!
  • HRSNelson
    HRSNelson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Day one went really well for me. I was able get a nice morning walk in and stay on track with healthy eating and most importantly NO SODA LOL I thought that part was going to be harder than it actually was because it has been a struggle in the past but everytime I felt hungry or thirsty I just reached for my water and was able to stay on track.
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Day 1 went great, was a little bit too under my calorie goal and I can't workout during the weekends because of school but I am on my feet for a good portion of the morning and afternoon, will definitely get my goal of hitting the gym 3-4 times a week though for some intense workout.

Really feel like I can do this by Christmas along with everyone else, it's nice having a group of people working together for the same thing! :happy:

Another thing I'm proud of, is now into day 2, I'm laying off on the after school snacks with friends which usually consists of brownies, pizza, cupcakes, and some other bakery sweets. I said NO and felt good!

Good luck to all!
  • ladytxn
    ladytxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So far so good! Had to make an unplanned outing at lunch today but I stuck to my guns and didn't stop to pick up fast food... I came back and enjoyed the salad I packed. Yay!! Its the little things :)
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! Day 1 was great, I ran/walked uphill for 45 min and ate well... but didn't go to the gym yesterday. Eating has improved and plan to go workout tonight. I need to log everything again, something I was obsessed with before vacation but have since fallen off the wagon... here's hoping this group helps!
  • ashleeliza
    Options
    I had a really good day, followed the 30 day workout video, ate a selection of vegetables and kept under my calorie goal. Drank 2 litres of water and lots of green tea :)! Because I felt good spent the evening pampering myself to make me feel even better!
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    Days one and two down, and feeling great!

-Drank ONLY water Monday, caved and drank a green tea yesterday.
    -2 hours of strength/cardio workouts both days
    -Failed on the Kettlebell both days (ugh)
    -Not great on my fruits and veggies- but definitely did better than usual!

and, as an experiment, I actually UPPED my calories by another 200 on Monday and as of this morning I've lost a pound and a half! Woohoo!

Have a great day everyone!
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm late joining in, but better late than never, right? So, it will be a 28 day challenge for me!

Lots of water so far for me today!

I'm heading out for a walk on my next break. That will have to do since I have a Pack Meeting for Cub Scouts after work. Maybe I'll squeeze in some body weight exercises when I finally get home!

I'm pretty sure that I've got the "avoid alcohol" covered for today, unless they serve up cocktails at the Pack Meeting - lol!

The food, not so great today.