SUCCESS STORIES

Options
Who's got a great success story to share with us? Let's post them under this thread to inspire each other! Don't forget the pictures!

Replies

• nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Well I've lost61 pounds since February. For the past couple of months, I have almost stopped losing. All of my weight loss was due strictly to diet as I do almost NO exercise. So 10 days ago I decided to open the exercise video I bought last year and actually do it. I vowed to do it everyday. And I have done it ever since. Yesterday, I got home from work with a splitting headache. I was exhausted because I did not sleep well the night before. Being the queen of excuses, that should have been enough to let the dust start collecting on the DVD again. But I got my buttocks up off the couch and did that exercise all the way through. And not halfway...I worked hard. Not sure where that motivation came from but I think I like it!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I am very excited to make my goal weight yesterday! I am 5'8' and have lost 45 pounds to get to 129! (started last New Year's Eve).

I am starting my 2013 goals early... the main goal is to get to 30 minutes of yoga or Barre 3 every day, and double my Nike Fuel from 2000 to 4000 every day as well with my walking/skipping/stairs!

@nancycaregive - how is it going? I am slowly easing into the regular exercise thing... the Nike Fuelband is the best thing that has happened to me. I hate to sweat!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I started a year ago at 212 pounds. I now weigh 128. Like most of us, i've been up and down all my life. But this time i am staying down. I feel so much better, i lowered my cholesterol, i can run around with my grandson without getting tired. I even like looking in the mirror! And i am never going back to the person i was a year ago!
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Today I hit my goal. I have lost 57lbs, have a whole wardrobe of new clothes, masses of energy, far less pain and loads more confidence.
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations all of you! It's wonderful reading success stories from those of us that may have felt it was all over, Not any more!! Yay!
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just reached my 100 pound mark. I wrote a blog about it with pics if anyone is interested.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/amydee714/view/my-100-pound-loss-blog-yes-with-pics-449387
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I just reached my 100 pound mark. I wrote a blog about it with pics if anyone is interested.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/amydee714/view/my-100-pound-loss-blog-yes-with-pics-449387

Awesome, you deserve to be very proud of your accomplishment! What a change! :heart:
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I just returned from the tailor's. I'm getting a very nice suit tailored IN so I can wear it again!! This suit, a very snappy Brooks Brothers suit I bought about 8 years ago, has been hanging in my closet forever. It's a size 12 that was tailored in for me when I bought it. I was probably about 150 lbs then, chubby but not yet the fatty I became at 184. Within 3 months I was too fat for it. What a shame, it looked so great on me.
    I tried it on 4 months ago and realized it fits again. I looked great in it.
    I tried in on last week and realized it's too big now!!
    Because it was so expensive and I love this suit, I am having it tailored again so I can wear it and enjoy it. I feel so... so SKINNY!
  • Fridayafternoon
    Options
    You all inspire me! What was the one thing that got you moving and going on your success journey?