Day 2- 30 day challenge!!

Options
Today I have done really well..I've eaten really healthy again today and plan on having a healthy elk burger for dinner! I did 70 minutes on the treadmill (700 calories burned/5 miles). I feel really great!!! Hope everyone else is doing as well!!

Replies

• andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Good job!

I did good today.
    I went to the gym this morning before work. I ate a piece of cheese before so I'd have something in me. Did 35 minutes on the treadmill.
    Breakfast- egg, cheese and a slice of turkey bacon. It was part of a breakfast on a bun thing at work, but it's too bready so I took it off the bun.
    Snack- banana
    Lunch- grilled chicken breast and mashed potatoes; sugar free key lime parfait
    Dinner- Ellio's pepperoni pizza
    Dessert- two clementines
    I had some soda before the gym b/c I had a headache and wasn't sure if it was caffiene related. Never did go away! Otherwise it's been water all day!
  • ToshaRozema
    ToshaRozema Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I've been cutting out my bread except today I had an Elk Burger on a bun. Water is my main problem right now..I think I've drank like two bottles of water today and now a diet coke.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I forgot that I wanted to do this. Thanks for the invite! Terrible eating day, can we say pizza. Plan to get serious tomorrow and this group will help me keep up. Thanks
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Did okay today with my meals - but I did just have an ice cream cone! :noway: Ice cream is my weakness!

I am on track with my walking/running. Got in 2.5 miles today!:tongue:
  • allisonoftherowan
    Options
    Hey, everybody!

I had a rotten day personally, but I managed to not let it affect my eating and I still got my workout in even though I didn't want to. Here's to perseverance.

Persevere
    Until
    Something
    Happens :D
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Howdy all... sounds like everyone is doing well! My NSV's for the day:

-- completed my log and felt good about everything in it.
    -- didn't eat chocolate at work at all (this is huge for me)
    -- left the house at 6am, didn't get home until 8:30pm, but still made myself workout
    -- and finally, I did NOT celebrate any of the above with a beer or glass of wine ;-)
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hey, everybody!

I had a rotten day personally, but I managed to not let it affect my eating and I still got my workout in even though I didn't want to. Here's to perseverance.

Persevere
    Until
    Something
    Happens :D

Congrats on not letting a bad day derail you. That is one of my biggest struggles, personally. Good luck and, as you say, persevere!
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone!!

I ate under, logged everything and drank 2l water :) I didn't go for a run though as my train was cancelled so by time I got home after work it was late and I was SO hungry, but didn't over eat and was satisfied for once :)

Hopefully getting my motivation back!
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Yesterday went pretty well. I was over, but most of my choices were good (except the ice cream I had because it was a stressful day and I was waiting for dinner to cook).

I think I need to have more snacks on hand, as I get the 3 pm munchies. Yesterday those ended with chex mix, which while not fantastic was still better than a candy bar, I suppose.

Didn't work out and didn't drink enough water, but I logged everything!!!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Day 2 was much better for me. I left about 300 calories on the board so that "covered" the binge the night before. I didn't have the munchies last night as I pushed my workout back a bit. Got my 2 workouts in-strength training in the AM and spent an hour on the bike trainer so I was spent.

The scale this morning was back to pre Turkey day numbers so that is good. That is something I need to try and work on over this challenge....I am tied to my scale. Every morning on step on and it dictates my mood for the day!

Keep up the good work!
  • peachElibrarian
    peachElibrarian Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Day 2 was hit & miss for me.
    I did log everything and I was under my calorie goal.
    I did increase my water intake.
    I haven't had any alcohol.
    I did not make it to the gym though. I went to bed really late and when the alarm went off at 5:30 am I just couldn't make myself get up.

There have been a few times when my stomach has told me to go see what cookies and snacks are lurking in the kitchen at work. (Our staff room is always full of chips, crackers, cheese, cookies, fun size candy bars, it's my self control's worst nightmare.) I'm pretty excited I haven't just started grabbing things and eating them (which is what I used to do every time I walked through that room). I've actually managed to keep within my calorie range.
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Off to a good start. I was under my calories and I got a strength/cardio workout in too.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 days of healthy eating and exercise. Am going to have to revise my plan to do 30DS every day though because I'm too sore to function. I'm going to scale back to 2 or 3 times per week and do cardio on the "off" days. My goal is still to exercise daily and stay within calorie goal daily until Christmas.
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Did well. Did not get to the gym, but I did chores all night and cleaned out my closets, so at least I was on my feet all night rather than plopped on the couch! Tonight, I do not have time to work out :ohwell: I guess I will just try and make good decisions, though it is barely lunch time and I am starving--drinking lots of water in hopes that I am thirsty rather than hungry! Good Luck on Day 3 everyone!
  • carriagetown
    Options
    DAY 2:I ate well, and technically ate too few calories. I don't know how that happened. I did not eat junk food or extras - yay me. I have a bad habit of constantly looking for something tasty to snack on. Day 2 of skipping the extras down, and halfway into day three. I just need to make it a habit. Anyway....I did a "Bar Method" dvd for the first time last night, so I got my hour of exercise in. My muffin top already seems smaller. hahaha.
  • RuthTarts
    Options
    My day 2 was way hard for some reason!!! I just wanted to eat EVERYTHING. But I didn't, I did well and stayed under my calorie goal. Today is going much better! I will get some walking time in tonight, too. Day 3 is going much better so far, as far as not wanting to eat everything goes.
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Did good yesterday (my day 3) did JM No more Trouble Zones and ate ok... however, I seem to have this bad habit lately of eating cheese before bed the last few nights. I got this fancy gouda from Amsterdam and keep snacking on it... ugh. That and hershey's peppermint kisses.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Got to the gym and managed to jog for 5 straight minutes which I haven't done since I was a kid. Eating was bad to say the least, mostly because the biggest thing I had before 9PM was a 1/2 cup of oatmeal. I have almost 700 calories left and no idea what to do with them.
  • Patster67
    Patster67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Did good yesterday, worked out twice and stayed within calories!
  • xaemama
    Options
    I missed checking in yesterday. But, I've been doing well. Still walk at least 2-3 miles a day. I wish the iPhone app had access to the groups!!