Any Coders?

Options
I'm a C/C++ coder. I dabble in other languages from time to time but those are the ones I use most frequently. It's been a hobby of mine for the past 6-7 years. I'm currently a year and a month into my degree. About a year and a half to go. I'm particularly interested in security and recently I've started getting into those algorithm type contests. Anyone else like that around?

Replies

• russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am a QA manager (can code but not to level of our developers enough to get me buy) :)

Russ

--
    fitnessthegeekway.1.gif
    Follow My Journey At FitnessTheGeekWay.com - http://bit.ly/QCAEGE
  • ThatNeuroGuy
    ThatNeuroGuy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well... Somewhat here as well. I'm a biomedical engineer with graduate work in physiology and neuroscience. Currently I'm working as a developer using C# and WPF with a little bit of matlab and python; for a defense contractor.

If you're really interested in security, it's going to be an up and coming area of great interest (both public and private sectors).
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @ThatNeuroGuy

Sounds interesting..

Russ

--
    fitnessthegeekway.1.gif
    Follow My Journey At FitnessTheGeekWay.com - http://bit.ly/QCAEGE
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    Does web programming count? I'm really good with HTML and CSS, and I recently taught myself a bit of JavaScirpt and ASP. Web development is my job.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Not hardcore about it but I do SQL/TSQL, a little PLSQL, vb/vbscript, light html and ASP.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I dabble in Java, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, SQL now. Years ago I was a hard core C++, Delphi, VB programmer but about 10 years ago I moved over to sales engineering and since then I just dabble in code I let other write the code now.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Mainly JQuery, ColdFusion, SQL with a little Perl & PHP thrown in
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    C++/C# with a leaning toward Javascript with jQuery of late.

Yeah... I'm a web dude.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am quite good with xhtml and css, but after I have been FORCED to learn Actionscript, the will to learn a new programming language has kind of disappeared (after a lot of long nights of swearing at the computer).
    I keep telling myself that I should really learn Javascript at some point, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
  • edbeaty
    Options
    Java, learning C# and WPF.
  • jereneyz
    jereneyz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Me me! :) I'm a systems software engineer. I work mainly in C, C++. I still like Java more (the mommy-ness of java is convenient). I also do python, x86 ASM, SML, and of course, web stuff like php yada.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yep mainly work in C++ and C# and the odd android stuff as and when customers require it.
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Mostly Java/JavaScript lately, but I was bred as a C++ and web developer.
  • AliciaHollywood
    AliciaHollywood Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how to create a hidden object type game/app by any chance? I'm a digital artist & writer looking for a partner to create a game app...
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I code in the .Net platform and also write xslt, javascript, and sql. My degree is electrical engineering, but my job title is software developer.
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    C/C++ for a set-top box design house.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Yep, yep, yep. Code all day. Fix my mistakes all night.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    you-need-to-go-deeper-30.jpg
  • istoria1011
    istoria1011 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Indentation... that is awesome. I want that in my cube.

Full time coder here. Java at the moment though I've had my hands in C, C++, C#, Visual Basic (yeah okay, that was in school) and even dreaded Assembly Code for a TI DSP chip. I tried management for a bit and then decided to go back to something I could actually understand.
  • kaorinchan
    kaorinchan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bumping and saying hi!

I'm a sophomore in college studying computer science, maybe you guys could help me when I get stuck? :)