HI New here!

Options
Hi everyone I was diagnosed 3 years ago with fibro, gained 30 lbs last year & just trying to eat better, lose some weight & minimize these symptoms!

Replies

• sunshynrn
    Options
    Welcome, I am fairly new myself, and was diagnosed a year ago with Rheumatiod Arthritis, and several years ago with fibro. I am also struggling to lose some weight in an effort to try and minimize my symptoms. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sevenof9ncrew73
    Options
    im sara and new to this group and MFP today but i am a walker already i joined the couch to 5k program but i was not determined enough to actually do it as supposed too nothing to motivate me and keep me going, i have my challenges with exercise like i have no right knee cap i have a prosthetic vertebrae and even after nearly 5 yrs after surgery my shoulder and neck still hurt and kill me when i try to jog i found jog with my neck collar on helps but i cant do races with a collar so i need to learn to run well i need to jog first i can do just under a minute without pain its not helpful because i am determined that in June i will run and complete my first 5k survivor mud run obstacle course in Seattle WA. area. I need to train for this though so any hints and advice is appreciated, i do not have access to a gym either so can not do a lot of machine work so far i use Wii sports to do some cardio tennis and things to work on breathing but even then running is still so far ahead for me i want to run this race with 2 friends but they already run marathons so even training with them is out as they leave me for dust so hopefully i will get the input and kick in the *kitten* when i need it to get in shape. pain is not a motivator to keep on doing what hurts but i am no quitter.
    It is really hard to exercise when you are in pain as soon as you start i want to lose between 10 to 15lb only in weight for me it is more to tone up my muscles and get fit i hope that is not a problem for me being in this group if it is i will unjoin with no hassles.
  • swfloridagal
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! I joined in May and have daily debilitating pain also. I lost 37 pounds so far and feel better. The pain is the same but I feel better about myself and look better in my clothes.

You can do this too! Welcome!