Season 3 - Episode 7 "When the Dead Come Knocking"

Options
2»

Replies

• morninglory5782
    morninglory5782 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The comics are AWESOME, but they change things up so much in the tv series so that readers Don't really know what's going to happen.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    daryl will be the one to kill merle at some point right?

has to be. i like michael rooker as an actor and love to hate him as merle, but merle has GOT to go

I so agree about merle, and I also want the govenor out of the picture! He's so weird!!!
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    Just about everybody has a reason to off Merle! Glenn, Maggie, Michonne, have obvious reasons, but how pissed off will the Governor be when he finds out Merle lied about killing Michonne? LOL Maybe he'll be the one to off him!
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    Also, how many guys does Woodbury have to protect them? Those two guys were killed by Michonne and the Gov sent some out to scout the prison. Everyone else in there seems pretty helpless (even the Olympic hopeful! :laugh: )
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go for the longshot and say Andrea offs the Gov after finding out the truth. She's got her flaws, but she's not going to stand by someone who tortured her friends.

Just finding out about his zombie daughter would be enough to tip the scales against him.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I hope Michonne got a little bit chattier with the group on the car ride, and maybe mentioned that Andrea and Merle were at the compound.

I have to imagine that Andrea already told her all about the group she was with, so she'd know they knew each other.

I was thinking the say thing!! When they asked her who shot her all she had to say was that it was a guy with one hand and they probably could have figured out it was Merle! But then again she didn't even want to tell them her name.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Michonne's character seems to me the type that needs to keep an Ace up her sleeve- information isn't forthcoming, because it can potentially put you in danger...although, with holding information can also have consequences- Carl being responsible for Dale's death IMO.

at this point the people that haven't turned can be just as (or more) dangerous as the Walkers are.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go for the longshot and say Andrea offs the Gov after finding out the truth. She's got her flaws, but she's not going to stand by someone who tortured her friends.

Just finding out about his zombie daughter would be enough to tip the scales against him.

i dont know. i couldnt blame a guy for keeping his zombie daughter alive hoping that he could find a cure. and andrea has seen that behavior before on the farm so it shouldnt be surprising to her.
  • Mina133842
    Options
    a lot of the survivors are half mental it seems- they all have issues.... is anyone else creeped out by the town? I mean the whole bike riding, and strolling around like it's Wysteria lane?? it just seems really vulnerable to me... I dunno.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    a lot of the survivors are half mental it seems- they all have issues.... is anyone else creeped out by the town? I mean the whole bike riding, and strolling around like it's Wysteria lane?? it just seems really vulnerable to me... I dunno.

yep. they brought this up on TD. the governor made sure to kill all people who know how to protect themselves except for a few people like merle. rick's team probably wont have too hard a time getting in, especially since the governor sent his A team out to the prison
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Also, was it just me, or did Andrea seem like she was playing the Gov'na at the end there just a little bit?

What makes you think that? I don't remember exactly how the episode ended....

She went to his room after the Dr. Frankenstein bit, and when he asked her how everything went, she just poured a drink and became all sad-like, so he hugged her. When they zoomed in on her face it just had a look to me. Probably my imagination, haha, but I'm hoping Andrea is going to change...

Ok I remember that part now. I think I saw it more as her seeking a comfort that she hadn't had in a long time. I also wonder if she thinks that she's just going to settle into a happy, normal relationship with the Governor now. She did seem to be making herself at home there.

I thought that whole bit was about the Governor playing Andrea. I took her look at the end as her having memories of having to kill Amy dredged up by having to kill Mr. Coleman. I figured The Gov having Andrea do it was a master manipulation...build her up, knock her down. As intimate as they've been, she will have exposed her emotional weaknesses to him by now, I would think.

On another note, am I the only one 50/50 on hoping Milton eventually either finds his manly bits and they're huge or he gets his face eaten off? I can't decide yet.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I hope Michonne got a little bit chattier with the group on the car ride, and maybe mentioned that Andrea and Merle were at the compound.

I have to imagine that Andrea already told her all about the group she was with, so she'd know they knew each other.

I was thinking the say thing!! When they asked her who shot her all she had to say was that it was a guy with one hand and they probably could have figured out it was Merle! But then again she didn't even want to tell them her name.

These are good points and somewhat of plot hole for me at the moment. Michonne knows that Merle and Andrea have a history. She sees Merle talk to Glenn, and knows they have a history. Besides that, just being at the prison and hearing names like Carl, Rick, Carol, Daryl...I would think in the 8 months Andrea and Mich were together, Andrea would have dropped a few of those names.

I want to think that Michonnes motivation is two pronged - revenge on the Governor, but also to get Andrea, her only friend, out of that place. I think she still cares about her. There would be no reason to keep this from Rick if she needed their help - the fact that they have Glenn and Maggie is enough.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    i dont know. i couldnt blame a guy for keeping his zombie daughter alive hoping that he could find a cure. and andrea has seen that behavior before on the farm so it shouldnt be surprising to her.

Bear with me... this is kind of a stretch and projecting some of my own issues on Andrea.

She had to shoot Amy, which traumatized her and was probably the hardest thing she ever had to do. Every other zombie is just a "thing" but this was her sister. Lots of guilt involved in that. So she could very well view someone who didn't make that same hard choice as being weak or selfish, because to think they're doing the right thing would be further feeding her guilt that she did something horrible and wrong.

On a lesser scale, as someone who had to make the difficult and humane choice to euthanize some very sick pets, I have hard feelings about people who let their very sick pets continue to suffer. I worked as a vet tech... I saw both sides a lot, and I had a lot more respect for those who were unselfish enough to help their pets pass along.

On a much, much greater scale, to the point where it's ridiculous to compare the two, I had to make the choice to discontinue life support on my Mom. Making a choice like that changes you. You can understand and sympathize with someone not wanting to give up, but there also comes a point where there's no hope for change.

Like I said, I'm probably projecting too much of myself and making this way deeper and heavier than a comic book based tv show.

But I haven't given up on Andrea. I think she has inner strength we haven't seen yet.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    .And one more thing how you a research guy experimenting and you haven't been around a person who turn into a walker sound kind of stupid to me don't you think?
    I find this a little unreal as well... seems they would have all seen someone change at some point.

I think the point was that Milton was doing an experiment, where he kept repeating the same behaviors with Mr. Coleman as he was dying, presumably over a fairly lengthy amount of time. Milton was hoping that with conditioning over time, Mr. Coleman might somehow retain the memory of the questioning.

However, not knowing that once he turned, he would get attacked if he freed Mr. Coleman's arm? Dumb, but I think he was just hopeful that his experiment had worked.

Overall I am waiting for the Governor to kill Merle for not killing Michonne, then Daryl kills the Governor for killing Merle.

Also, has anyone noticed that Judith (ugh, all I think of is Judith Light) is the quietest newborn ever?
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    Also, has anyone noticed that Judith (ugh, all I think of is Judith Light) is the quietest newborn ever?

I was thinking the same thing! My daughter is quite the chatterbox. It will be interesting to see if she learns to adapt to her environment.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    .And one more thing how you a research guy experimenting and you haven't been around a person who turn into a walker sound kind of stupid to me don't you think?
    I find this a little unreal as well... seems they would have all seen someone change at some point.

I think the point was that Milton was doing an experiment, where he kept repeating the same behaviors with Mr. Coleman as he was dying, presumably over a fairly lengthy amount of time. Milton was hoping that with conditioning over time, Mr. Coleman might somehow retain the memory of the questioning.

However, not knowing that once he turned, he would get attacked if he freed Mr. Coleman's arm? Dumb, but I think he was just hopeful that his experiment had worked.

Either he is lying about how much interaction he's actually had with zombies or he somehow got connected with the Governor right away and was didn't have to do the dirty work. I think it's kind of a stretch to say someone has survived that long without any walker encounters.
  • Mina133842
    Options
    maybe they don't wait and bury their dead- Andrea and Michonne apparently didn't know they turn after dying from "natural" causes either- only if you were bitten or scratched - and they don't typically stay around someone long enough for them to turn after dying from something non-Walker related.
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I just loved how badass Glen was with the zombie fight as when the walker was led into the room it was like "oh no not Glen" especially after T Dog going too - I am hoping that they do get straight to some sort of confrontation for the next episode and don't drag it out up to the point where Rick n the Gov square off then we have to wait a whole week (unless a whole lot of action happens to build up to it) - but it is the mid season break so you can guarantee they will be leaving it on some sort of crucial hanging point