Rest Day?

Options
So Wednesdays are typically rest days according to the Turbo Fire schedule...do most people take that day completely off? Or should I still be doing some sort of exercise?

Just want to get the best results during this...so I want to get the opinions on what others are doing!

Thanks!

Replies

• kat585
    Options
    You need a day off to rest and heal. Its not good for the body to over do it, it could lead to a injury.
  • awebs89
    awebs89 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For my rest days on Wednesday I like to do something light like go on a slow walk. This way I'm giving my body a break and allowing it to heal but I still am moving.
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    For my rest days on Wednesday I like to do something light like go on a slow walk. This way I'm giving my body a break and allowing it to heal but I still am moving.

^^^^^^^ This is what I do too.
  • toniryan3
    toniryan3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses!!! I appreciate it! :)
  • e_bethh
    e_bethh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i usually take the rest day, but i move it around to a day that i know i might be busy or if i just want a certain day off then ill use that day as my rest day. its not always on wednesday.
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I was wondering this same thing today.
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've been using Abs 10 on the rest day. I think something light like a walk is also a great activity. It was really hard for me to take a rest day at first because I felt like I should be doing something intense, but your body does need time to recover especially from such an intense program. I think I added in an extra fire 45 on my rest days twice and my body really paid for it. I was super sore and my energy was not where it should be kwim?
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I swiched the schudle so that my rest day is sunday. I really rest on that day, unless we have something planned with the kids like sledding. :) Sometimes I move it if I know I am going to be real busy and not have time for it so I don't lose that day.
  • julesdebiasi
    Options
    I started TF again this past Sunday, so today is my rest day instead of Wed. But I plan on doing some yoga on my rest days to stretch my body and relax. I am also one of those who feels like I need to be doing something everyday to stay active. I was also thinking about doing a Jillian Michaels workout like 30 day shred on rest days. Is that pushing it? :wink: