I'm new here! :) Intro!

Options
Hello ladies! My wedding is August 2nd 2013 and I want to get in the best shape of my life for it!

I used to be very thin but unfortunately I have recently taken on FH's unhealthy habits and have added quite a bit of flub to my body. I'm about 10 lbs over my goal weight. I have 8 months to go, and I really think I can do a lot in that time frame as long as I stay dedicated and consistent.

In 2012 I was able to build a consistent exercise habit. I currently workout 5 or 6 times a week, so I am halfway there. Unfortunately, losing weight is 80% diet, and my diet is currently a catastrophe! I am very educated in nutrition, so I know what I need to do, it's just practicing self-discipline to get there.

I am going to start a new eating plan on Sunday Dec 2nd. I will take a few days "off" to indulge on Xmas eve and Xmas, but I plan on making this a lifestyle change that I stay consistent with.

My height is 5'6" and my current weight is around 120 lbs. My goal weight is 110 lbs. I know that is light but I have very small bones and it looks like a good weight on me (I have been as low as 100, that is TOO skinny). I will be following the Tone It Up diet plan (which is basically heavy protein and veggies, moderate fat, fruit, dairy, and carbs), aiming for 1600 cals/day, and exercising for 1 hour a day 6 days a week. My fitness plan is to do Body Pump on Mon, Wed, Sat, and cardio (running, spin, kickboxing, or elliptical) on Tues, Thurs, Sun. Tuesday and Thursday I will also squeeze in a quick yoga session as I am trying to improve flexibility. Fridays will be my rest day.

Looking forward to supporting each other on our journeys :)

~Natalie

Replies

• andonsmama
    Options
    welcome!

feel free to add me :smile:
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an amazing plan to me!!! You can get 10 lbs gone in 8 months no problem!!!

I am also 5"6/5"7 and my goal weight is 125 lbs.. but I am thinking 120 lb might be a new goal. Always thought 110 would be too tiny.... but i dunno?
  • cookiemahnster
    cookiemahnster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I just got engaged a couple weeks ago so I'm new to this group!

Right now I've gotten down to a size 14 (I'm 5'8, currently 183 pounds). I think I would be happy as a (street) size 10, but I have no idea what weight that will be. I have my ultimate goal set at 160 - I think that was the top of the "normal weight" BMI range.

I'm currently doing a hybrid of two of Chalene Johnson's (Beachbody) programs - Turbofire and Chalean Extreme. I'm in week 8 of 12 weeks, and then not sure what I will do next!

I'd love more bride-to-be friends, so please add me :)

Catherine
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add we're on similar cal goals and I have less than 10 pounds to lose :) I'm 133/4 at the mo heading for 125, medium framed it's a weight I've been before that I was most confident at, I've been lower but because of my build I start losing too much curve and start looking a bit boyish lol..... stupid bones! X ;p