New side effect after 7 weeks

Options
ksboyd20
ksboyd20 Posts: 21 Member
So far I have only had dry mouth and constipation. But last night I felt my hear "flutter" almost like heart palpitations.
I did not take my pill this morning and instead took myself to my doctor. She told me it was a normal side effect. Anyone else have this?

Replies

• BRANDYGR8MOVES
    BRANDYGR8MOVES Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    no have not had that yet do you take the whole pill at once or do you cut it in half
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this happen either. How long have you been on phentermine? I would have run straight to the doctor too. The only side-effects I ever had was the dry-mouth and extra energy, but those only lasted for a couple of weeks. Keep us posted!
  • ksboyd20
    ksboyd20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been on them for 7 weeks so far. I have one more month and then she is switching me to the new pill for 8 months.

Yes, I went strait to the doc, but I also remembered that I did have a large sturbucks coffee that day.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    If the coffee was out of the norm, that sounds like a plausible cause to me. I would still report to the doctor immediately if it keeps happening.
  • Sabney0003
    Sabney0003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had this happen to me just yesterday, I've been on phen for 2 weeks now and the only bad side effect I had gotten till then was the dry mouth, but this scared me to death, I thought I was going to pass out when it happened, luckily I work at a medical clinic and the APRN told me this was a normal side effect of the phentermine, I went home and rested the rest of the night and did not take my phen the next day, now I am only going to take a half again for the next few days to see how I do... I think the major cause was I drank an iced coffe right before it happened so while on phen I think its best to avoid caffeine in high doses.