Good sites for "tall" clothing?

Options
I have gotten to the point where I just dig for measurements, but there has to be sites geared towards taller women, anyone know of some?

Replies

• clvogt87
    clvogt87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My favorite place for Jeans is Alloy.com. They have 37" inseams for most of their styles and are decently priced. I'm 6' 2" and their jeans are sometimes too long for me.
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    LongTallSally.com

I have ordered mostly corporate wear from them but they have a pretty wide variety. I'm just stoked to have suit jackets that the sleeves are long enough for a change. At six foot tall, it's hard to find nice pants that I can wear heals with but I found them at this site. They have various lengths available even up to a 38" inseam.
  • Iluvcheezits
    Iluvcheezits Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    GAP, Old Navy and Banana all have "tall" tabs online where you can buy the same clothes for tall sizes.
  • shimdango
    Options
    Topshop!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I just bought some pants off Jessica London that are long enough and I'm 6'2.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I've found Eddie Bauer clothes fit me extremely well. They carry tall sized for both pants and tops! I tried Long Tall Sally for pants and they came up over my boobs. :noway:
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I use longtallsally and next which has a small tall section upto 35 inside leg
  • SuzieQ430
    SuzieQ430 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sites with sizes for us tall women: Loft, Ann Taylor, Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Long Tall Sally, and Eddie Bauer. I do most of my shopping at these sites.
  • kelli1217
    kelli1217 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I buy a lot of my clothes on QVC, mostly pants. Brands include Susan Graver, Dialogue, Citiknits.
  • corinnepenner
    Options
    I work at Long Tall Sally and I really love the clothes. As with any specialty market they are on the pricier side but really good quality. They have a good balance between work wear and casual.. Pretty much all of my casual wardrobe is from there as well. They have everything from PJs to jeans and formal dresses. It is my go-to store :)
  • jgjansma
    jgjansma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Buckle (the store) has tons of jeans for tall girls!! anywhere from Long to XXLong
    my favorite brand there is Big Star (: they're kind of expensive but I think it's worth it because they fit so well!!

here's a link to their website (:
    http://www.buckle.com/
  • shalae1
    Options
    How about somewhere where the shirts don't cost $60+ dollars? I'm tall but broke.
  • karadactyl97
    Options
    I shop at American Eagle for jeans because they have 'long' sizes that I still have to roll up at the bottom sometimes (5'11'')! Price is from $30-50
  • LizGozza
    Options
    thanks everyone! length in pants isnt an issue so much as length in pants where the inseam stops, had this problem even when I was skinny.
    My biggest issue is shirts that are long enough to go mid hip, I usually end up buying mens shirts (for printed tees) and sewing them into a girly cut. I'd say I probably have a 33" torso
  • matchpoint312
    matchpoint312 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    For long shirts I think that the Banana t-shirts and basic layering shirts are always very long...the sweaters too. Also, i've noticed that the Brass Plum section at Nordstrom (the shop for younger gals) has a ton of layering tees/long sleeve pieces that are always super long and inexpensive but good quality. I'm 40 but I still stop there when I need some longer basic pieces, especially in a variety of colors.

Tall Couture is a site that offers high end denim -- which I always splurge on because I wear jeans so much and a great pair is a confidence booster. :-)

I think Ann Taylor does some longer things but I wear a 36" so they don't always work for me. I love the flannel PJ bottoms at Eddie Bauer and Jcrew.

These online stores always have good sales. On cyber Monday, Eddie Bauer had 40% off so I took advantage to order a ton of stuff and will return the pieces that don't work. :-)
  • Cressida04
    Cressida04 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I shop at New York and Company for work clothes. Their website has tall pants as well as suit jackets.

I had a fellow tall friend tell me recently that she buys t-shirts and tank tops in the maternity section at Target because they make them longer to cover preggo bellies. I don't have any clue what size my friend wears but she never seems to have a problem with the length on her casual tops. :happy:
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I usually end up at The Gap for everything, but there's a newer company called Height Goddess that has pants up to 40" inseams. Their selection isn't huge though, since they're just starting out. For tees I get them at Target (and always find myself eyeing the maternity section - the clothes in there are super cute!).
  • buckyphoto
    Options
    American Eagle, Delia's, Alloy, Gap, Old Navy, and for (some of ) their jeans, there's a brand I found on amazon called WallFlower, I paid $15 for the pair I'm wearing in my profile pic, they fit great, but I bought them in the wrong length expecting to cuff them. Their "regular" inseam is 33" after shrinking, so it's not too bad, but I can only wear them with flats or my converse. They're the "curvy bootcut" fit. I bought a pair of their skinny jeans to wear with boots back when I was in a 14-15 long, and they were great...just as cheap too. I guess it's safe to say the majority of us primarily shop online, so amazon all the way!