Christmas functions...

Options
nicleed
nicleed Posts: 247 Member
Just looked at my diary and saw I have THREE work-related Christmas functions next week. One dinner, two lunches. Then I have two lunches the following week! All at fantastic cafes/restaurants so I don't want to deprive myself.

Will need to up the exercise I guess :)

Replies

• JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Just remember your goals, don't set unrealistic expectations and enjoy yourself!!
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Just hit my goal weight today (actually 200 gms below!) So I feel I have a bit more wiggle room. Man, that last kilo had been hard - and frustrating to shift!
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal!!! That is so awesome :flowerforyou:

That will be motivation enough to manage all the upcoming Christmas functions.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Since I've gone vegan, I'm finding there is ususally NOTHING I can eat at special holiday functions. Everything has meat/cheese/eggs. So I eat before I go so I'm not hungry when I get there. I also drink up plenty of water, so if I have a glass or two of wine, I'm not sotted.
  • chogue55
    Options
    @ nicleed: Congrats on reaching your goal!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making your goal! just stick to what is gonna help keep you there! You can indulge w/o over doing it! :drinker:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal!

I'm going to have to be very careful at all the Christmas functions, too. My plan is not to deprive myself and enjoy the food, but just in smaller portions and maybe pick and choose what I'm having instead of sampling everything. A couple weeks ago while on vacation it dawned on me that if I'm going to cheat, it had better be for something good!