Who are you?

Options
I have sent out friend requests to all team members that I wasn't already friends with, and thought this would be a good opportunity to have somewhere to introduce ourselves.

So I'll begin....

I'm Sara, 44 years old, married with no children. I work full-time as Finance Manager for a Housing Association and spent my day in front of a computer.

Over the last 8 years, I had gained approx 100lbs, after rupturing an achilles tendon and snapping ligaments in the other ankle, and was on and off crutches for 5 years. I had my final surgery in March this year, and since then have pretty much had to learn to walk normally again. I set myself the challenge of an 8-mile charity walk within 10 weeks of the surgery, and successfully completed this rasing approx £500 for charity in the process.

My wconorkouts consist of strength training 2-3 times a week, with walking and elliptical in between.

I'm really looking forward to this challenge to keep me on track on the run-up to Christmas. You can't beat a bit of damage limitation :bigsmile:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know my teamies over the next three and a half weeks........so tell us a little about yourselves please :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    hi.

im keira. im 34, married and have 3 beautiful boys.

i don't work as my hubby works away from home and i have no childcare. im studying
    to be a copy editor and proof reader and hoping to do this from home if i pass the course.

i have been overweight on and off for the last 14 years since having my oldest son. in January of this year i weighed in at 11st 9lb and decided enough was enough. i have since lost 22lb (18 on mfp) and feel better than ever.

i am really looking forward to this challenge and im hoping it will help me reach my mini goal of getting under the 10st mark by
    xmas.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm Carly. I'm 28 and married. No children yet. I work for local council and like wightrose also stuck behind a pc all day

I reached my goal weight in Feb this year after losing over 100 lbs. So far have been sucessful in keeping it off.

I'm starting a p90x/insanity hybrid on monday. Already done both these programs before. I've also started couch to 5k this week. Never jogged in my life so this has been a challenge.
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options
    Hello everyone,

At first I want to tell you how happy I am to join in this group with you, guys!

I am Vicky and Im Polish. I love music, I am a music blogger. Right now Im only writing in Polish, but Im planning to start making some English blog aswell! Writing and music is my passion from where I remember, and one day I decided to stick it togheter, lol.
    I have passion for fashion as well, Im planning to join an stylist competition soon. This will be interesting, since I havent really done similiar things ever.

Well, as for life status, I have wonderful boyfriend. At Dec 11 it will be exactly two years since we started to date.

Sorry if that was chaotic, Iol!
  • Hi I'm Sammi 26 yrs old, no kids and live with my partner of 4 yrs. I work as a receptionist for a finance company and like Carly & Sara work behind a desk all day, but every other spare minute recently has been used to exercise.

I've been overweight all my life but a few months ago I woke up and decided enough was enough time for a new start and so far I've lost nearly 3 stone (40lb) I really couldnt have done it without this website and support from my friends on here (feel free to add me if u havent already)

I helped to finish Hunny Bunnies challange last time round and so excited to be starting this one from the beginning :)

NOW LETS KICK SOME BUTT HUNNY BUNNYS!!!!!!
  • gardsmeister
    gardsmeister Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey there fellow bunnies!! I'm Ian, 44, married to Fiona for the past 9 & a bit years, with two gorgeous daughters, Molly 4 & Harriet 2. I'm a Commercial Insurance Broker (rock n roll i know!) so thankfully i'm out on the road & in front of clients as much as i'm stuck behind my desk!
    I've ALWAYS been overweight since my teens, but in the last few years, it's really piled on, hitting 240lbs at the turn of the year & finally shocking me in to doing something about it!! I hit & crashed through my target weight on Monday just gone, so i've moved in to maintenance mode now & i couldn't be happier. Like Sam, i could not have done it without some of the friendships i've built up on here & the disciplines i've learned i know will stay with me now for the rest of my life.
    Loving the positivity amongst this team, we are going to nail it & i reckon we should all meet up in the new year & get utterly blasted to celebrate it when we do!!

GO BUNNIES!!!!