Introduce yourself

Options
Katrina_88
Katrina_88 Posts: 164 Member
Hey everyone! My name is Katrina, I am 24 and live in southern California. I have a wonderful little boy that is 14 months and I have been struggling to get rid of my pregnancy weight. I have lost 14 so far since joining MFP and I am hoping to lose another 36 so that will put me at 140. I have always been a active person and love being outside and going on adventures but didn't workout at all. I am a apple shaped person so I carry almost all my weight in my stomach. :grumble: I now really enjoy working out and will continue doing my jillian michaels workouts and maybe start the insanity in January. So far I have done 30 day shred for October, Ripped in 30 for November and for December I am going to do Six Week 6 Pack.

Replies

• dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 36 year old mother of two (2 and 3months). I have struggled with weight my entire life, due to my pcos and a terrible sweet tooth!! Now that I am done having kids, I would love to get serious and get off about 40 to 50 lbs, but I am really having a hard time getting motivated. I hope this challenge will help. My goal will be to lose 20 lbs by April 1st. I look forward to getting to know everyone and helping each other to meet our goals!

Dawn
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 55 year old grandmother of two wonderful little girls! I started gaining weight 15 years ago after working in an office all by myself and having to take an hour lunch.I never ate lunch before! I would go out and eat lunch due the office being very small and noone to talk to . Then I would bring back a bag of candy to get thru the afternoon. Thus I went from a healthy 135lbs. to 213! I am now down to 197 and started back on a diet after getting help from a wonderful new doctor. Just talking to him for a few minutes got me back on track and wanting to prove to him and myself that I can get back to my old weight.
    I look forward to going on this journey with you all and losing 30 lbs by April!
  • Barbaraodonnell
    Barbaraodonnell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 35 year old mom of a 4 & 7 year old. 3 years ago I joined weight watchers and lost 30 pounds. At that time I was training for a 1/2 marathon. After running, my dad was diagnosed with cancer and died. I ate my emotions away. Since then I have completed 4 1/2's and I just recently signed up for two more in June and August of 2013. I have tried to remain active and continue running and working out. One week after signing up for these 2 races I fell and broke my right foot (3 bones and one torn ligament). i have then started eating my emotions again, and unable to exercise, the weight has crept back up. I am getting back in to exercise slowly, under doctors directions, but need to relearn how to eat correctly. My husband is convinced I don't eat enough calories. I'm ready to get back to where I was, slowly, and correctly.
  • beachbum13
    beachbum13 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    hi, i am 30 and trying to get pregnant. I am trying to lose weight to accomplish this. I live in the midwest.
  • cchhome
    cchhome Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 33 and live in frosty Canada (for basically the whole challenge)! I have a 5 year old and I'm not a real lover of exercise. I love my coffee and sugar, so hopefully I will eventually find a happy place for sugar and weight!
  • Lupita9684
    Options
    My name is Lupita and on Feb 29th of this year I gave birth to my 3rd and last child. I had my oldest at the age of 17 yrs old and have struggled with my weight since. My motivation is my kids!!!! I have a long way to go but hopefully with the support I get at home plus on here I will make it, finally :)
  • mjaperry
    mjaperry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Im Marcus! I'm in!! Some support will be great! I've lost 14 lbs so far. My ultimate goal is to get to 180lbs and be lean. I want to be down to 199 by my birthday on april 28th that will be about 15lbs per month for the next 5 months and get me under 200 lbs for the first time in my adult life. Part of my motivation like almost all guys is driven by women. Im a nice guy who cares and loves deeply, who is well rounded, and likes to cook, have fun, and who is a family man. Im going for the whole self improvement thing: succeeding in my new career, picking up a new hobby in playing guitar, learning new things, meeting new people, getting in shape, and having the confidence and swag that the "bad boys" have while still being the good man that I am. With some determination and your support, I'll reach my goal!!:wink:
  • DrePitts8
    DrePitts8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Dondra... Every one calls me Dre... I'm 26 from Saint Louis MO. I'm trying to get in shape not just for myself but also for my family... I have two girls and I want to be healthy and active in their lives. I joined this group because I love a challenge and when you mix that with a group of people trying to reach the same goals.. Makes a recipe for success.
  • Katrina_88
    Options
    hi, i am 30 and trying to get pregnant. I am trying to lose weight to accomplish this. I live in the midwest.

I started working out and stopped drinking for about a month and sure enough I got pregnant. My husband and I had been trying for almost 2 years with no results and as soon as I dedicated myself to losing a few pounds and eating healthy I found out I was pregnant :) My son is now 14 months. Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • distortedhero
    distortedhero Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'll bite. I can always use some motivation. I'm trying to overall drop from 225 to the 180 area.

Oh and I'm Edgar, by the way. I'm trying to lose weight to be in better shape and be more physically fit for when I take my physical exam for SFPD.

I currently reside in Norcal so if there's anyone up here that wants to go running every once and a while hit me up =]

Let's do this!
  • nursehil
    Options
    Hello my name is Hilary. I am the mother of 6 ranging in age from 19-7. I have lost weight in the past and know I can do it, it just seems the older I get the harder it gets. I am such a stress eater. I respond well to challenge so I am hoping to use this group as a great resource and push to do what I have to do.
  • Katrina_88
    Options
    I am a 35 year old mom of a 4 & 7 year old. 3 years ago I joined weight watchers and lost 30 pounds. At that time I was training for a 1/2 marathon. After running, my dad was diagnosed with cancer and died. I ate my emotions away. Since then I have completed 4 1/2's and I just recently signed up for two more in June and August of 2013. I have tried to remain active and continue running and working out. One week after signing up for these 2 races I fell and broke my right foot (3 bones and one torn ligament). i have then started eating my emotions again, and unable to exercise, the weight has crept back up. I am getting back in to exercise slowly, under doctors directions, but need to relearn how to eat correctly. My husband is convinced I don't eat enough calories. I'm ready to get back to where I was, slowly, and correctly.

I have never been a runner but one of my life goals has always been to run a marathon and I plan on running my very first 5k on April 7th. I still have a lot of work to do, Right now I can only run a few blocks lol So it's going to be tuff but I have made myself a promise so there is no turning back now :) I am glad to see you are getting back to exercising and recovering well!
  • maya113
    Options
    hey! im katie and i am looking to lose all of my extra weight! I am 230 and would love to eventually be down to 165.

Hopefully 199 by April 1st!
  • lzygrl
    lzygrl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey hey!

I am an Aussie sole parent of 2 and have been on this current journey for 14 months now. I am hoping to hit goal in 2013.

Height - 5'10"
    Start weight: 260lbs (118kg)
    Current weight: 213lbs (97kg)
    Goal weight: 176lbs (80kg)
    Ultimate goal: 169lbs (77kg)

My weight loss has been slow but fairly steady. Earlier in the year I discovered running and fell in love, however injury put a stop to that. For now I am tracking calories and walking twice a day. It works for me.
  • STLMel
    STLMel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, started my weight loss and healthier me journey in January of this year. I've lost 62 pounds, but still have a way to go. I started out counting points with Weight Watchers, but have recently switched to myfitnesspal. As far as seeing the pounds go, I saw more success with Weight Watchers, but I'm wondering if I'm just at a point in my diet/workout plan that I'm just starting to firm up. Seems like once I hit 60lbs lost, the weight is just coming off so slow. Anyone else experience that? Anyway, looking foward to a new challenge, just got my Fitbit yesterday.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...I'm Kathy and have been on this journey for a long time. I'm ready to finally lose all the weight once and for all. MFP is a very motivating site and I'm encouraged by all the success stories. The weight is coming off slow but from what I understand slow weight is a good thing. Here are my stats:

Height - 5' 3"
    SW - 248
    MFP SW - 226
    Current weight - 215
    Goal weight for April 1 - 195
    Ultimate goal weight - 160

Looking forward to the challenge. Please feel free to add me. I need support and try to be supportive to others.
  • Horsebum
    Options
    Hello from Mid Michigan. I'm Lisa a 52 year old grandmother. My husband and I have a small farm and try to grow most of our food. I have been struggling with my weight since I was exposed to toxins in Feb 2011. My Dr had me on steroids for most of a year causing immense weight gain. I now have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and lung damage from the exposure. This limits what I can do and eat. I am gluten intolerant and don't digest animal proteins well because of it. On the positive side, I feel better than I have in a long time since I gave up gluten and limit animal proteins. I love this site. After watching the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead I tried a short reboot...wow, worth the effort but I have to do it in small amounts due to my treatments.
    I started at 267, am now 237 and hope to be 150 next year.

Height 5' 7"
    SW - 267
    Current Weight 237
    Goal Weight 150
    I am glad to support others when I can.
  • 4wheelinchick
    4wheelinchick Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Howdy! My name is Crystal and I'm from middle Tennessee. :-) I am a 30 year old momma of one precious, ACTIVE 7 year old little boy! My ultimate goal is to be a healthier, more active momma for him. He deserves the best. And not a momma that's too tired ti play, run, etc.

I'm starting out at 251.2 (more that I was when I was 9 months prego with my little feller). My ultimate goal (for now) is not to be "obese" anymore. 191. By April 1rst my goal is to lose 32 lbs. Hopefully I'll be in the 2-teens. :-)

My plan is to eat less and start being more active! It's that simple! Good luck to all of ya'll and I can't wait to see everyons amazing results in the spring! :-)
  • slkobes
    slkobes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a 37 yo man, from ,Iowa, for the last 4years there has been a lot of changes in my life. During this time the stress has caused me to gain some weight. I am now taking Controll of my situations and going back to college full time for a masters in information assurance. I have a 3 year old and a 6 year old. I a, active in a lot things but I would like to loose 30 lbs. I am starting this with the lean fit program from gnc. Together then seem to be a good fit. Starting weight 213. Want to be 180.
  • shannalou3
    shannalou3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Shanna. I'm from Oklahoma, am 42 years old, overworked and exhausted. I've battled with weight my entire adult life, alternating between thin (okay, maybe not "thin", but at least somewhat "normal") and fat since I had my daughter at age 22. However, since hitting 40 and having a hysterectory, it has been a much bigger struggle to get any weight off. In fact, I've managed to gain 40 lbs in the past two years. My body is starting to hurt, particulary my hips, lower back and knees, I make excuses to avoid social situations, espcially when it involves seeing people I've not seen in awhile, or meeting new people associated with my husband (he's tall, slender, attractive, accomplished, and I feel like they will surely wonder what he's doing married to me). I'm so tired of hurting, feeling sluggish, clothes not fitting, and hiding from the world! The 120-day challenge might be just what I need! My husband and I are going to Italy for our ten-year anniversary the first of April and I would really like to be fit and feel better about myself when we go. Then, I have a twenty-five year reunion this summer, as well as a Mexico trip with friends that I can't even imagine putting on short sleeves for, let alone a bathing suit! Lot's of reasons I need to get motivated. I currently weigh 182lbs and would like to lose that 40lbs I've gained, and maybe even 10 or 15 more, if I could. But really, I just want my body to quit aching and feel healthy again, and be able to walk into a room with confidence, not feeling like everyone there is thinking to themselves. "Wow, she has sure packed on the pounds."